Kuwait
Local time: 23:51
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More date required Feb 21, 2007

monaragaei wrote:

I am still encounting some problems:

I don't know why is some Translation units. which are origionaly on powerpoint preprared inside "a text box", tageditors can't accept arabic translation. it accepts only english charachters but arabic charachers is not displayed and a window appears saying :

failed to display "-------------------dadada in arabic" in fort araial.

what is your suggession?

Provided data is not enough to diagnose disease.
Detailed description of the sequence you follows that leads to this problem is required.

Kind regards

ahmadwadan.com
ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Kuwait
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Follow the same order of English tags Feb 21, 2007

monaragaei wrote:

sometimes there are more than one Placeable.

this I know when i find the previous, current and next placable active. and it is clear also in the TM of the source language.

I don't know what to get and where. meanig How to put the correct placable in the right place.

I don't want to disturp the format of my file.

2- i can understand alot of the Html language which appear in my file. but i don't understand what "cf" mean.

is there any dictionay of the Html "on the web" than may help me understand and Lean more on HTML.

Hoep it is approved Soon.

Regards,

- Follow the same order of English tags.
- cf is a TagEditor related tag that has nothing to do with HTML tags. You can say it is related to TagEditor internal codes...for more information in this regard open any file in TagEditor>>stand your cursor of "cf" and press F1 then navigate (PowerPoint Tags, Word Tags, Excel Tags).

HTH

Mona Ragaei
Mona Ragaei
Kuwait
Arabic
+ ...
diagnosis Feb 27, 2007

working on tageditor

it is a picture with a textbox over which. I need to translate this text inside this textbox.

I press open/get the TM opens "no prblem" but when i start typing arabic it doesn't appear in the target place. If I cahnged to English charachters it works fine and the english charachters appear.

I cloed the TM without saving and whenever I close the tageditor and reponed it again an alert window appear saying
(41001):failed to disp
... See more
working on tageditor

it is a picture with a textbox over which. I need to translate this text inside this textbox.

I press open/get the TM opens "no prblem" but when i start typing arabic it doesn't appear in the target place. If I cahnged to English charachters it works fine and the english charachters appear.

I cloed the TM without saving and whenever I close the tageditor and reponed it again an alert window appear saying
(41001):failed to display text" "dadada ... which i typed in arabic: using font "arial"

Does it relate to font type or what?

I also thought it could be prepred using windows doean't support arabic . but it proved to be untrue. I mean not correct suggestion . it should allow arabic using my windows.

So what?
Collapse

ahmadwadan.com
Kuwait
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Please check this link Feb 28, 2007

monaragaei wrote:

(41001):failed to display text" "dadada ... which i typed in arabic: using font "arial"

Please check this link:
http://www.sdl.com/trados-support-view.htm?cntID=1127

HTH

Hebat-Allah El Ashmawy
Hebat-Allah El Ashmawy  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 22:51
Italian to Arabic
+ ...
Trados Version Feb 28, 2007

Dear Ahmad,
Thank you for posting this forum.
Now I like to purchase Trados but I find lot of versions with quite high prices.
Could you help me to choose a simple version with moderate price.
Thank you in advance
Heba

ahmadwadan.com
Kuwait
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The most stable version Vs. SDL Trados 2007 (latest till now) Feb 28, 2007

Hebat-Allah El Ashmawy wrote:

Dear Ahmad,
Now I like to purchase Trados but I find lot of versions with quite high prices.
Thank you in advance
Heba

Dear Heba,
You are welcome. Actually each Trados version has its Pros and Cons and the latest version does not always mean that it is the best.

For me I tried to coexist with my version "7" but I can not recommend you any so better to post the version issue in a separate forum or search already existing forums in this regard.

For licence issue you can purchase your version via Proz as it makes discount (price still high after discount?. Well, Once it came to my knowledge that a friend got a version (6.5) at 1000 LE through a way I do not remember. What I remember is that he had a direct contact with the vendor or maybe they had other business together, actually I donno exactly.

HTH

Mona Ragaei
Mona Ragaei
Kuwait
Arabic
+ ...
how to finalize Feb 28, 2007

Now suppose that i have finished translation work using tag editor. Now what to do?

Shall I clean up the file " the same thing I do with word files or what?

My Second question is: what to do if I need to make any changes to my translation.

ahmadwadan.com
Kuwait
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Pricing issue Feb 28, 2007

Thank you in advance
Heba

Dear Heba,

I think that you maybe interested in this link too:
http://www.proz.com/topic/67146

HTH

ahmadwadan.com
Kuwait
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
only EUR 100 Feb 28, 2007

Dear Ahmad,
Thank you in advance
Heba

Lucky Heba!

Only EUR 100

http://www.sdl.com/asp/products/promotion.asp?PromotionID=162

Mona Ragaei
Mona Ragaei
Kuwait
Arabic
+ ...
using WinAlign Mar 5, 2007

Hello everyone;

I am in the stage of starting to use WinAlign option.

My question is: after finanlizing a project. do we have a file of the new translation product "the target language" of it is only a matter of new terms that to be added to the TM.

ANother general question: what is the termbase?

it s incorporated in the TM anf if I don't have one how to build new one? and how to use the terms in my TM to do so? is that possible via inport
... See more
Hello everyone;

I am in the stage of starting to use WinAlign option.

My question is: after finanlizing a project. do we have a file of the new translation product "the target language" of it is only a matter of new terms that to be added to the TM.

ANother general question: what is the termbase?

it s incorporated in the TM anf if I don't have one how to build new one? and how to use the terms in my TM to do so? is that possible via inport and export?

Regards,
Collapse

Mona Ragaei
Mona Ragaei
Kuwait
Arabic
+ ...
segments order Mar 5, 2007

The order of source segments should be the same order of Target segment or if the source segment is not front of its corresponding target segment. it is still OK.

Does this affect formatting? or not?

and what if the target segment is not needed as it is not there in the source. shall this segment be deleted? and how to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Alaa Zeineldine
Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
You meant Trados 2006 Mar 7, 2007

Ahmad Wadan wrote:
The most stable version Vs. SDL Trados 2007 (latest till now)

Dear Ahmed,

I think you meant SDL Trados 2006, which is V. 7 that you refer to further on in your posting. Trados 2007 is not out yet, although you can prepay for it now.

Alaa

ahmadwadan.com
Kuwait
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes Mar 7, 2007

Alaa Zeineldine wrote:

Ahmad Wadan wrote:
The most stable version Vs. SDL Trados 2007 (latest till now)

Dear Ahmed,

I think you meant SDL Trados 2006, which is V. 7 that you refer to further on in your posting. Trados 2007 is not out yet, although you can prepay for it now.

Alaa

Dear Alaa,

You are absolutely right.

Thank you

Alaa Zeineldine
Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Trados and Word 2007 Mar 9, 2007

السلام عليكم،

هل نجح أحد في استخدام Trados 7 مع Word 2007؟ بعد تكبد العناء في إعداد البرنامج وضبط الماكروز لم أنجح في فتح أي وحدة ترجمة، ويظهر التنبيه التالي أسفل إطار Workbench مع كل محاولة:

(33353) : end of paragraph not found

فهل من بينكم من تجاوز هذه العقبة؟

[Edited at 2007-03-09 09:43]

ahmadwadan.com
Kuwait
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
New versions hassle Mar 9, 2007

[quote]Alaa Zeineldine wrote:

السلام عليكم،

هل نجح أحد في استخدام Trados 7 مع Word 2007؟ بعد تكبد العناء في إعداد البرنامج وضبط الماكروز لم أنجح في فتح أي وحدة ترجمة، ويظهر التنبيه التالي أسفل إطار Workbench مع كل محاولة:

(33353) : end of paragraph not found

هل من بينكم من تجاوز هذه العقبة؟
[/rtl]

[Edited at 2007-03-09 09:43]

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته
في الحقيقة Trados 7 لم يصمم ليتوافق مع ورد 2007 ونفس الشيء فيما يتعلق بويندوز فيستا لذلك ينصح من لديه إصدار مستقر ويعمل بشكل جيد عدم التغيير حتى إشعار آخر من الشركة المطورة.

عندما تصادفني هذه المشكلة أقوم بعمل تراجع عدة مرات من برنامج ورد حتى يتم الرجوع إلى الجملة قبل فتحها في ترادوس ثم أقف عند نهاية الجملة وأضغط زر (Enter) حتى يتم تحديد نهاية الجملة يدويا...ثم أقوم باستخدام ترادوس مرة أخرى. وهذا الحل دائم النجاح معي.

[Edited at 2007-03-10 06:14]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Arabic Forum المنتدى العربي لبرنامج ترادوس

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »