Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Sample translation services agreement and purchase order — please leave your comments to improve
Thread poster: Sertaç Binbaşıoğlu
Sertaç Binbaşıoğlu
Sertaç Binbaşıoğlu
Türkiye
Local time: 21:18
English to Turkish
May 19, 2017

You may find sample Translation Level Agreement and Purchase Order on my web site.

http://linguistceviri.simplesite.com/431346809

(The sample quoted from http://elia-association.org/ and nikkigrahamtranix.com seperately and combined.)

Please leave your comments to
... See more
You may find sample Translation Level Agreement and Purchase Order on my web site.

(The sample quoted from http://elia-association.org/ and nikkigrahamtranix.com seperately and combined.)

Please leave your comments to improve.
Collapse

Sertaç Binbaşıoğlu
Sertaç Binbaşıoğlu
Türkiye
English to Turkish
TOPIC STARTER
No comment May 20, 2017

192 views but no comment. The purpose of posting the project was to coordinate the translation job and make the process easy for both client and translator. No comment means either the project is perfect or no interest for the project. If I suppose the second option then no more contibution could be made and the first option means no contribution as well. Therefore for each case I am going to close the thread soon. Have a good day for all who read the post at least.

[Edited at 2017-05-20
... See more
192 views but no comment. The purpose of posting the project was to coordinate the translation job and make the process easy for both client and translator. No comment means either the project is perfect or no interest for the project. If I suppose the second option then no more contibution could be made and the first option means no contribution as well. Therefore for each case I am going to close the thread soon. Have a good day for all who read the post at least.

[Edited at 2017-05-20 10:40 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-05-20 10:51 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-05-20 10:53 GMT]
Collapse

Sertaç Binbaşıoğlu
Sertaç Binbaşıoğlu
Türkiye
English to Turkish
TOPIC STARTER
Posting agreement and purchase order May 21, 2017

I can send above mentioned document via e-mail in word format anyone who requests.

[Edited at 2017-05-21 11:23 GMT]

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:18
French to English
Relevant knowledge and expertise May 21, 2017

It is difficult to comment. Comments will only be relevant with some understanding of how the market works in Turkey and with some familiarity of the legal and taxation system. I have neither, which may be the case for the 192 who have visited and not commented.

[Edited at 2017-05-21 19:15 GMT]

Sertaç Binbaşıoğlu
Sertaç Binbaşıoğlu
Türkiye
English to Turkish
TOPIC STARTER
Comment May 21, 2017

Nikki Scott-Despaigne wrote:

It is difficult to comment. Comments will only be relevant with some understanding of how the market works in Turkey and with some familiarity of the legal and taxation system. I have neither, which may be the case for the 192 who have visited and not commented.

[Edited at 2017-05-21 19:15 GMT]

Thanks for your positive contribution. Merci...

Sertaç Binbaşıoğlu
Sertaç Binbaşıoğlu
Türkiye
English to Turkish
TOPIC STARTER
Posting agreement and purchase order in word format May 22, 2017

I can send above mentioned document via e-mail in word format anyone who requests.

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Terms of business / Quotes May 22, 2017

My comment may not be relevant to you since I do not have knowledge of the Turkish market and legal/taxation system (I’m established in France).

Just a few thoughts:

—I would suggest publishing your Terms of Business/Terms of Sale (usually on the footer), which can act as a default service agreement (although it still may need to be signed to be enforceable? Not sure about that).
It is also a useful document to send to a translation agency when starting a coll
... See more
My comment may not be relevant to you since I do not have knowledge of the Turkish market and legal/taxation system (I’m established in France).

Just a few thoughts:

—I would suggest publishing your Terms of Business/Terms of Sale (usually on the footer), which can act as a default service agreement (although it still may need to be signed to be enforceable? Not sure about that).
It is also a useful document to send to a translation agency when starting a collaboration. I find it more readable than a standard service agreement.

Since the service agreement must be completed and signed, I would keep it offline, and then prepare and send it in an editable form (DOCX, ODT, PDF) to the appropriate recipient. Often, service agreements are negotiated between the seller and the buyer and they are modified prior to acceptance by the two parties. What you want is make the default terms under which you offer your services easily accessible by potential buyers.

You can find the Terms of Business that are recommended by the SFR (the French translators association) here:
https://www.sft.fr/
https://www.sft.fr/clients/sft/telechargements/file_front/4b50d11ac6881.pdf

ITI (UK) and ATA (US) offer some models, but they are more in the Service agreement format:
https://www.atanet.org/business_practices/model_translation_job_contract.php
http://www.iti.org.uk/about-industry/advice-buyers/155-model-terms-of-business

—A Purchase Order is usually a document issued by a buyer to a seller, so it strikes me as odd to see it offered on your website. This section may be mislabeled (maybe call it Order Form?), although I understand it will be sent by email. What a service provider issues to a client, is usually called a Quote, that the client can then confirm and sign (it then becomes “binding”).

Quotes can include several terms and details as well as a link to your (applicable by default) terms of business.

Many invoicing tools also offer the possibility to issue quotes.

Instead of/or in addition to this “Purchase Order” section, which seems complete but maybe rather tedious to fill in, I would suggest creating a simpler web form that a customer can complete by selecting a few parameters (contact details, language pair, word count, deadline, etc.), entering a few notes and attaching a sample file or the source document. On the web form page, you can remind the customer what kind of information would be relevant for him to specify in order to help you provide an accurate quote and/or functional translation. The items that you will then need to clarify with the client will be much reduced.

Generally, maybe think about making it easy/easier for someone to send you a project, receive an offer/quote and come to an agreement.

Good luck!
Collapse

Sertaç Binbaşıoğlu
Sertaç Binbaşıoğlu
Türkiye
English to Turkish
TOPIC STARTER
Suggestions May 23, 2017

Jean thanks a lot for your priceless suggestions. All your offers are very valuable for me and I will take all these offers into consideration and put into practice. Take care!

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:18
Member (2008)
Italian to English
OK May 23, 2017

linguistceviri wrote:

Please leave your comments to improve.

Ok I'm making this comment and will wait for it to improve.

Sertaç Binbaşıoğlu
Sertaç Binbaşıoğlu
Türkiye
English to Turkish
TOPIC STARTER
New design May 23, 2017

Tom, I am planning to put a "web order form" instead of purchase order and make an "terms of business" based on translation agreement. What do you say?

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Easy option May 23, 2017

Tom in London wrote:

Ho ho ho.

OP, I'm afraid your document is too long for me to contemplate reading and digesting given my severe legalese allergy, but I have two thoughts:

1) Why don't you just use one of the standard templates linked to by Jean?

2) I've managed for 24 years without quoting any terms and conditions, relying on an implicit "me deliver on time, you pay on time".

Either way keeps it nice and simple!

Sertaç Binbaşıoğlu
Sertaç Binbaşıoğlu
Türkiye
English to Turkish
TOPIC STARTER
Agree May 23, 2017

Chris S wrote:

Tom in London wrote:

Ho ho ho.

OP, I'm afraid your document is too long for me to contemplate reading and digesting given my severe legalese allergy, but I have two thoughts:

1) Why don't you just use one of the standard templates linked to by Jean?

2) I've managed for 24 years without quoting any terms and conditions, relying on an implicit "me deliver on time, you pay on time".

Either way keeps it nice and simple!

Thanks. I agree with you.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:18
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Ceviri May 23, 2017

linguistceviri wrote:

1. What you have there is a "service agreement", not a "service level agreement".
2. The spelling is inconsistent. You write "Service Provider" in one place, and "Service provider" in another. You write "e-mail" here and then "email" there. You use both a curly apostrophe and a straight apostrophe.
3. In your slogan, "empathise" is an odd word (or is used in an odd way).
4. Will your client know what you mean by "registered address"?
5. You can't use a comma before *and* after brackets in English.
6. You define three terms under "Definitions", but is that really necessary? Is there any risk that the client will think that "party" means something else?
7. You capitalise "Agreement", "Client" and "Purchase Order", but you never define those terms.
8. You seem to use US English spelling, but then you write "annexe" and "empathise".
9. "and specified in the annexed Purchase Order to this Agreement" ->> shouldn't that be "and specified in the Purchase Order annexed to this Agreement"?

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:18
Member (2008)
Italian to English
? May 23, 2017

10? Go on - make it ten !

[Edited at 2017-05-23 14:44 GMT]

Sertaç Binbaşıoğlu
Sertaç Binbaşıoğlu
Türkiye
English to Turkish
TOPIC STARTER
Update May 23, 2017

I have deleted "The Sample Translation Services Agreement and Purchase Order" and put a new "Terms of Business". Your comments please.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sample translation services agreement and purchase order — please leave your comments to improve

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »