Thread poster: François Marcoux
François Marcoux
François Marcoux
Canada
Local time: 19:40
French to English
+ ...
Jul 27, 2017

Hi. I did a disk cleanup with my Antivirus software (Bitdefender) accepting the "unimportant" suggestions to delete. Lo and behold, after this operation, as I resumed my translation work with MemoQ I could not continue; an error message appeared saying the license information was expired and I had to close it. Every time I try reopening a general error message pops up and does not allow me to open MemoQ. I assume the antivirus softeware deleted the memoq license files. I know what my serial num... See more
Hi. I did a disk cleanup with my Antivirus software (Bitdefender) accepting the "unimportant" suggestions to delete. Lo and behold, after this operation, as I resumed my translation work with MemoQ I could not continue; an error message appeared saying the license information was expired and I had to close it. Every time I try reopening a general error message pops up and does not allow me to open MemoQ. I assume the antivirus softeware deleted the memoq license files. I know what my serial number is having a backup of the number. But how am I to reactivate MemoQ if it won't even open? Any ideas?

[Edited at 2017-07-27 20:12 GMT]
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Reinstall or contact support Jul 27, 2017

You are probably best to reinstall MemoQ. If it still doesn't work Kilgray support should be able to reset your license from their end.

François Marcoux
François Marcoux
Canada
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Installation succesful Jul 27, 2017

Thank you for your suggestion! I reinstalled and MemoQ automatically opened with my serial number.

However, now I have another problem. I cannot see my TMs in the Translation memories pane anymore. I can see them in the Program Data folder (C:\ProgramData\MemoQ\Translation Memories) but have tried many times to recover them to no avail. Also the "Register Local" button is greyed out.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ 2015 does not open, cannot read the serial number

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »