Alexander Noethlich  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:15
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
Aug 17, 2017

Hello,

I've recently upgraded from Studio 2011 to 2017 and now I find that TM search doesn't produce results correctly after confirming very similar segments. The settings are okay and I've upgraded the TM (and even added a completely new TM, just to be sure).

Strangely, after opening the Project settings and closing them again (without changing anything, just open and close), the TM fuzzy match is found and shown correctly. But this obviously is not a good way to work
... See more
Hello,

I've recently upgraded from Studio 2011 to 2017 and now I find that TM search doesn't produce results correctly after confirming very similar segments. The settings are okay and I've upgraded the TM (and even added a completely new TM, just to be sure).

Strangely, after opening the Project settings and closing them again (without changing anything, just open and close), the TM fuzzy match is found and shown correctly. But this obviously is not a good way to work since I have to open and close the Project settings for each new fuzzy match. Once done this "open/close" of project settings, I believe these matches are found correctly, so it probably only affects the latest additions to the TM. It seems like they are added correctly but not found immediatly as they should.

Has anybody an idea what the issue could be here?

Thank you in advance

Alexander
Collapse

XtS
XtS
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Trados Studio 2017 SR1, no matches found, matches not recognized, finds no matches Aug 22, 2017

Hello Alexander,

I have the exact same problem (without the upgrade part), and some of my colleagues also reported having similar problems (using different versions of Trados Studio).

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a solution to the problem yet.

I have tried different approaches but, in the end, none of them worked (for a longer period of time) --
... See more
Hello Alexander,

I have the exact same problem (without the upgrade part), and some of my colleagues also reported having similar problems (using different versions of Trados Studio).

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a solution to the problem yet.

I have tried different approaches but, in the end, none of them worked (for a longer period of time) --> see this post http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/263168-studio_2014_wont_find_matches_in_tm_why.html.

I also tried converting the TM using different methods (and stand-alone applications), upgrading it, downgrading it, using two different versions of the same TM, and so on. But nothing has worked so far.

If anybody has a solution for this or an idea for another possible approach, please share and I'll give it a try.

Thanks,

Tilo
Collapse

Alexander Noethlich
Spain
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your Support Tilo Aug 22, 2017

Hopefully someone from SDL takes notice of this issue and delivers a solution.

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 10:15
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
LookAhead Aug 22, 2017

If you're using the latest version of Studio 2017, SR1, this could be due to the LookAhead cache. Disabling LookAhead should solve this. Go to Options - Editor - Automation and uncheck the LookAhead box to see if the issue is resolved.

Alexander Noethlich
Spain
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nora Aug 23, 2017

It seems like this actually solved the problem. Thanks a lot!!!

Alexander

XtS
XtS
Germany
English to German
+ ...
FIX Trados Studio 2017 SR1, no matches found Sep 7, 2017

Nora Diaz wrote:

If you're using the latest version of Studio 2017, SR1, this could be due to the LookAhead cache. Disabling LookAhead should solve this. Go to Options - Editor - Automation and uncheck the LookAhead box to see if the issue is resolved.

Thank you Nora,

This seems to have done the trick!

Will report back, if anything changes, but so far it's working perfectly.

Thanks again,

Tilo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

After upgrade from Studio 2011 to 2017 matches aren't recognized correctly

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »