Is Wordfast Pro support Windows 10 Home edition 32 bit?
Thread poster: Dani Karuniawan
Dani Karuniawan
Dani Karuniawan  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 03:59
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Nov 16, 2015

I have a plan to migrate from 32 bit to 64 bit. Is Wordfast Pro running smoothly in Windows 10 Home edition 32 bit environment?

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:59
Finnish to French
No problem Nov 16, 2015

I assume you’re asking about compatibility with 64-bit Windows 10.

Wordfast Pro is a 32-bit Java application. It will work just fine under 64-bit Windows 10, but will be using 32-bit Java. It comes with its own (older/outdated) version of Java (Java 6), but you can force it to use a newer (eg. the latest, Java 8) version if you want. Not that it makes any difference in the way it will run.

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 22:59
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
No problem at all Nov 16, 2015

I use wordfast pro 3.4.3 on windows 10 64-bit without any problems at all

Marguerite Storm
Marguerite Storm  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:59
Member (2003)
English to French
+ ...
Issues with Windows 10 Apr 25, 2017

Hello
I'm using Windows 10 64 bits with WFP 3.4.10. The font in the editor is very large. Also I seem to have lost my automatic hard spaces (I translate EN to FR) in French before colons and semicolons and in the quote marks. I also don't have the French quote marks. I had all that and more when using WFP for Mac. Are these not offered on PCs?
Also, as I'm typing, the entire editor window 'blinks' at every key stroke; it is very annoying.

Thanks for your help,
Marg
... See more
Hello
I'm using Windows 10 64 bits with WFP 3.4.10. The font in the editor is very large. Also I seem to have lost my automatic hard spaces (I translate EN to FR) in French before colons and semicolons and in the quote marks. I also don't have the French quote marks. I had all that and more when using WFP for Mac. Are these not offered on PCs?
Also, as I'm typing, the entire editor window 'blinks' at every key stroke; it is very annoying.

Thanks for your help,
Marguerite

[Edited at 2017-04-25 22:38 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is Wordfast Pro support Windows 10 Home edition 32 bit?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »