I can´t open my project. I have a "content is not allowed in prolog" window
Thread poster: Gris Cruz
Gris Cruz
Gris Cruz
Mexico
Local time: 11:44
English to Spanish
Jun 22, 2016

I was translating a Word 2007 file in Cafetran Ichiro 2016 on a computer with Windows 10. Suddenly, the computer was restarted. When I opened Cafetran, when clicking on the project I was working, I get a window that says "content is not allowed in prolog". Anyone know if I can get my job back?
Thank you.

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:44
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Reuse Project Memory Jun 22, 2016

Your project file may have got corrupted when you computer restarted suddenly. However, the project memory - ProjectTM.tmx file located in the project folder may be okay.

1. Create a new project with the same source document.
2. Activate the Memory menu via the View > Show memory menu.
3. In the Memory menu, click Memory > Open memory... and load the ProjectTM.tmx memory file from the previous project.
4. After it is loaded, insert all the exact matches from this
... See more
Your project file may have got corrupted when you computer restarted suddenly. However, the project memory - ProjectTM.tmx file located in the project folder may be okay.

1. Create a new project with the same source document.
2. Activate the Memory menu via the View > Show memory menu.
3. In the Memory menu, click Memory > Open memory... and load the ProjectTM.tmx memory file from the previous project.
4. After it is loaded, insert all the exact matches from this translation memory via the Translate > Insert all exact matches.
5. Review the translation to see if there are any empty segments left. You can use the QA > Empty segments check for this purpose. You would need to activate the QA menu too (View > Show QA menu).
6. Export the translation to create the translated document.

Igor
Collapse

Marianna Massa (X)
Marianna Massa (X)
Egypt
Local time: 19:44
Italian
+ ...
Also try to rename the original file Oct 3, 2020

I have just encountered the same problem in my CafeTran full perpetual version copy, 10.8. My project was started from a TRADOS project package. My Windows computer suddenly restarted and that’s when I got the same message “content is not allowed in prolog window”. So I renamed the TRADOS package and I used it to open a new project on Cafe Tran. Then I added the memory of the previous project following Igor’s instructions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I can´t open my project. I have a "content is not allowed in prolog" window

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »