Mark Harris
Mark Harris
France
Local time: 17:00
French to English
+ ...
Apr 17, 2021

Hey y'all,

So I have one customer who insists I use MemoQ for all their projects and I'm having significant problems checking out and working on projects with their server. It take forever to check out a project and when I start working on it the software freezes for several minutes literally every time I confirm a segment, and often crashes entirely. It definitely seems to be something on my computer that is blocking the server connection, because I've tried working with their serv
... See more
Hey y'all,

So I have one customer who insists I use MemoQ for all their projects and I'm having significant problems checking out and working on projects with their server. It take forever to check out a project and when I start working on it the software freezes for several minutes literally every time I confirm a segment, and often crashes entirely. It definitely seems to be something on my computer that is blocking the server connection, because I've tried working with their server on a friend's computer, using the same WiFi connection, and it works fine. I've tried turning off all my firewalls and virus protection, but it's still excruciatingly slow. Has anyone had this issue working with a customer's server before? Any ideas how I can figure out what is blocking their server?

Thanks in advance!
Collapse

Carolyn Korzilius
Carolyn Korzilius
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:00
German to English
memoq server issuwes Apr 18, 2021

Rarely the problem cbhecking out, but are they large projedts?
Had problems with speed though.Have you tried changing synchronisation with server? I often had speed problems a) if the server version was different, b) if others were working at the same time but with a later version and c) it was incredibly slow on their server for no apparent reason, solved by switching to 'Manual syncnronisation'.
Another thought: are you on an older version?

Mark Harris
Mark Harris
France
Local time: 17:00
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nope Apr 18, 2021

Carolyn Korzilius wrote:

Rarely the problem cbhecking out, but are they large projedts?
Had problems with speed though.Have you tried changing synchronisation with server? I often had speed problems a) if the server version was different, b) if others were working at the same time but with a later version and c) it was incredibly slow on their server for no apparent reason, solved by switching to 'Manual syncnronisation'.
Another thought: are you on an older version?

They are really small projects actually. I've tried the latest version of the software and an older version, and bizarrely the latest version is the worst, but I have the same problem with all of them. The customer is also working with the latest version. I have also switched to manual synchronisation and it hasn't helped unfortunately. I really think it must be something related to the settings on my computer, because I worked with the same server on the latest version of the software on my flatmate's computer, using the same internet connection, and it worked perfectly. I just don't know how to figure out what my computer is doing to cause connection issues with their server.

It's also definitely a server issue, because when I disconnect my internet to work with the project offline I don't have any freezing issues. This obviously isn't an ideal solution though, as I can't access or update the translation memories while offline...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ customer server issues

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »