Thread poster: Stella Pietri
Stella Pietri
Stella Pietri
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
Apr 9, 2021

Hello!

I've just started as a freelance translator and I have now my first potential client for a website translation. Trying to quote it but I'm at a bit of a loss, it is so difficult to find info on what you can charge... I mean, I know what I want to charge per word. I'm in discussion with the client at the moment, who's gonna get back to me after she's had a chat with her webmaster. So I don't know yet if I'm gonna work directly from the CMS or if they're gonna send me the html
... See more
Hello!

I've just started as a freelance translator and I have now my first potential client for a website translation. Trying to quote it but I'm at a bit of a loss, it is so difficult to find info on what you can charge... I mean, I know what I want to charge per word. I'm in discussion with the client at the moment, who's gonna get back to me after she's had a chat with her webmaster. So I don't know yet if I'm gonna work directly from the CMS or if they're gonna send me the html file to translate.
I guess my question is: given that doing it from the CMS would take quite a bit more time, how much more would you charge for it? How to quote it?

Thanks a lot

Stella
Collapse

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:08
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Great website Apr 9, 2021

Judging by your website, I would charge between 12 and 15 cents per source word. Webmasters can always export and import texts to facilitate translation.

Cheers,
Gerard

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pricing for website translation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »