CSV/TXT to SDLTM conversion (Custom Field)
Thread poster: Mark van de Velde
Mark van de Velde
Mark van de Velde
Poland
Local time: 13:22
English to Dutch
Apr 9, 2021

Hi all,

I wanted to import TMX files into Trados 2021 (on Windows 10) but I need to make a detour. The reason is that the Custom Field (which contains a Celex number) somehow doesn't survive the Trados import process.

After some fiddling, I now have a TXT/CSV file with 3 columns: SOURCE, TARGET and NOTE (a column with lots of different Celex numbers).

Can someone tell me how to convert the TXT/CSV file into SDLTM in such a way that the 3rd column ends up in
... See more
Hi all,

I wanted to import TMX files into Trados 2021 (on Windows 10) but I need to make a detour. The reason is that the Custom Field (which contains a Celex number) somehow doesn't survive the Trados import process.

After some fiddling, I now have a TXT/CSV file with 3 columns: SOURCE, TARGET and NOTE (a column with lots of different Celex numbers).

Can someone tell me how to convert the TXT/CSV file into SDLTM in such a way that the 3rd column ends up in the field "Note" with the value set to the Celex numbers. I've played around with Xbench, AF Aligner, Olifant, Glossary Converter etc., so far without success.
Thank you! Mark

P.S. I know I can add a custom field later, but 1 txt/csv file contains dozens of different Celex numbers.
Collapse

Recep Kurt
Recep Kurt  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 15:22
Member (2011)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Possible solution Apr 9, 2021

I suggest looking into Glossary Converter:

https://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/glossary-converter/195/

glossary converter

Sorry - you have already looked into it apparently...

[Edited at 2021-04-09 20:35 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CSV/TXT to SDLTM conversion (Custom Field)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »