veratek
veratek
Brazil
Local time: 18:23
French to English
+ ...
Jan 5, 2011

Hi,

I had tried finding a supermarket in Paris (not the suburbs) that sold prune juice. After going to several food marts, and finding every single kind of juice available on Earth, except prune juice, I found it! And, as an added bonus, the only type I found is BIO, at Monoprix. I also recently tried their Stevia-based sweetener (Pure Via), and found it very good.

Like Leader Price, Monoprix is slowly expanding its house-brand offer of BIO foods. Leader Price BIO food
... See more
Hi,

I had tried finding a supermarket in Paris (not the suburbs) that sold prune juice. After going to several food marts, and finding every single kind of juice available on Earth, except prune juice, I found it! And, as an added bonus, the only type I found is BIO, at Monoprix. I also recently tried their Stevia-based sweetener (Pure Via), and found it very good.

Like Leader Price, Monoprix is slowly expanding its house-brand offer of BIO foods. Leader Price BIO foods are often very affordable. And Carrefour sells a (fresh) BIO banana that is the same price as the non-BIO one.

There are some very wonderful BIO shops in Paris, but I find them usually so much more expensive than the regular mart price, especially for the foods that I am interested in buying. Dry goods aren't much different, or some kinds of foods sold in bulk volumes, but about everything else is still quite pricy.

Do you have any tips on particular BIO foods that we can easily find in Paris, with prices still in the "normal" range?
Collapse

cranium
cranium
French to English
+ ...
Most Lidls Jan 5, 2011

also have an organic food aisle now. I regularly buy my organic apples, bananas, tomatoes and carrots from Lidl.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tips about buying affordable bio products inside Paris

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »