Thread poster: Paul Hirsh
Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:17
Spanish to English
+ ...
How can I block a certain Kudoz user? Nov 4, 2012

It wasn't hard to figure out who you were writing about.

Wow! This person has answered 5,195 questions and only 353 of them have been accepted.

It boggles the mind! However, judging by the text in this person's profile, it is clear that this person "has a spider on the ceiling".

[Edited at 2012-11-04 09:46 GMT]

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 17:17
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
In some pairs, this tactic doesn't work at all Nov 7, 2012

NataliaShevchuk wrote:

Sheila Wilson wrote:
... as staff have all sorts of ways of tracking individual user behaviour.

that's exactly what I want to know.
-------------------
An update, after the support request has been submitted:
Voila, I have 5 consecutive visits to my profile from the country where this user originally seems to be from (Not the US).
Initially those visits were displayed as having New York IP's. Now they appear to be from a certain post-Soviet country.
Quod erat demonstrandum

[Edited at 2012-11-03 21:17 GMT]

I faced a similar problem over the past one year or so, where a certain person in my language pair would post and send harrassing KudoZ comments not to me only, but to other users (here I mean members and users). This person has been warned by site staffs and moderators countless times, but still kept on breaking all the Site and KudoZ rules. This person's some of the weird behaviors were:

1) Edit comments to any answerer s/he deems to be incorrect consecutively, i.e. five to fifty times in a few minutes to several hours timeframe, if the answerer just ignores this person's peer comments.
2) Deletes agrees entered days, weeks or months ago once s/he is rejected from having a friendly relationship with the site users, or when someone reports this person's behavior to the moderator or the site staff.
3) Related to 2) above, this person enters a disagree to people once the person in question and this answerer's relationship has turned sour.

Therefore, in my language pair, many users including myself have set the Kudoz notification system to "I do not want to be notified of peer comments to my KudoZ answers".

I have submitted numerous support tickets to the site staff and moderators, and all I got was "Appropriate action has been taken", where you see the same old person showing up at KudoZ the very next day pa"trolling" the KudoZ section and entering answers and (offensive) peer comments as if nothing has happened.

Oh, and by the way, this person has a Pro-Certified badge.

So, blocking a certain KudoZ user is impossible.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Discussion of administrative actions taken by moderators or site staff should be carried out solely via the site's online support system, http://www.proz.com/siterules/general/8#8
Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I block a certain Kudoz user?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »