Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32] >
Comprehensive KudoZ update released
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
ingeniero
ingeniero  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 02:00
English to Russian
+ ...
Looks like KudoZ email notifications are to blame... Aug 22, 2005

Jason Grimes wrote:

Aoife Kennedy wrote:

The new system obviously needs some fine tuning, as I've tried to switch off the kudoz notification email option several times without success. Maybe there's something I'm missing.......

Hi Aoife,

How did you try to switch off your KudoZ email notifications? Did you set "Notifications" to "Off" in the "Email notification preferences" tab of your dashboard? http://www.proz.com/dashboard

Thanks in advance for clarifying.

Best regards,

Jason

Dear Jason,

I've been having the same kind problem as Aoife has. Except I'm trying to switch on the KudoZ email notifications just to find out that my preferences are reset to their defaults in several hours.

Yesterday I noticed that I do not receive any notifications for questions posted in my pairs and fields. I checked the preferences and discovered that the notifications were "Off", Asker types were limited to "Must be platinum" and Question types - to "For-points questions only". Checkboxes in Question types section were set. I changed the preferences to "On", "All askers" and "All", cleared the checkboxes and clicked the Save Settings button. The Pair-specific Preferences for all my pairs except one are set to "Immediate alerts" ("Daily digests" for one pair of interest), "Both" (Categories), "My interest fields".

Several hours later I still was not receiving any notifications, although some questions had been posted in me working pairs and fields. I checked the preferences again and was surprised to see them reset to the original ones (notifications "Off", ...). I changed and saved the preferences again and started to check them from time to time. Strange as it may seen, but once in a while the General Preferences (or just some of them) were back to their defaults to .

I keep struggling with this behavior, but with little success - I was notified only of some of the questions posted.

Could you, please, check the KudoZ email notifications again? I have a strong feeling that there are some problems there. Of course, some of the missed notifications may be attributed to unavailability of my mailbox or other issues; still I do not have any reasonable explanations for the preferences changing at their own will.

With best regards,
Yuriy

P.S. While I was writing this post "Asker types" changed from "All" to "Must be registered".

Сергей Лузан
Сергей Лузан
Russian Federation
German to Russian
+ ...
Sometimes, when I type a reply to a peer comment, the field remains empty. Aug 22, 2005

It took me 4 times to respond one peer's comment.

I would like to be able to enter responses to all peer comments and then just click one botton instead of having to enter each response and submitting it ("RESPOND" button) for every single peer comment separately. I hope this makes sense... IMHO it would be very helpful. Thanks.[/quote]

I liked the latter suggestion and would like to improve it - is it possible to have the same "RESPOND" button both for "Notes added" a
... See more
It took me 4 times to respond one peer's comment.

I would like to be able to enter responses to all peer comments and then just click one botton instead of having to enter each response and submitting it ("RESPOND" button) for every single peer comment separately. I hope this makes sense... IMHO it would be very helpful. Thanks.[/quote]

I liked the latter suggestion and would like to improve it - is it possible to have the same "RESPOND" button both for "Notes added" as well as for "for peers"?
SergeyL

[Edited at 2005-08-22 14:31]
Collapse

Valentin Alupoaie
Valentin Alupoaie  Identity Verified
Romania
English to Romanian
+ ...
Glossary problem Aug 22, 2005

The "View all terms" link in the profile page yields a search form for my personal glossaries, and NOT a list of all my personal glossary entries, as it did before... If it is a bug, please take note. If not, please explain this change. Doesn't really make sense.

Thanks,
Vali

Sormane Gomes
Sormane Gomes
United States
Local time: 19:00
Portuguese to English
+ ...
I agree. Aug 22, 2005

Mariana Postolache wrote:
When answering questions, there is no great difference in colour between closed and open questions. This makes it hard to recognize questions (and tiresome). Also, between pro and non-pro questions.

Also discussed here:
http://www.proz.com/topic/35825

The bright yellow for closed questions was much better.

Sormane F. Gomes

[Edited at 2005-08-22 12:33]

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:00
English to Italian
+ ...
*respond to peer comment* disabled? Aug 22, 2005

Ñåðãåé Ëóçàí wrote:

I took me 4 times to respond one peer's comment.

I have tried twice to respond to a peer comment but my text doesn't appear. I gave up, but I would have preferred to be able to explain.

Furthermore, it is not possible to edit the source text - as before - by adding the previous word, so that the suggested translation refers to an exact source text (sometimes there are typos or you need to add the revious or following word)

DZ

[Edited at 2005-08-22 13:25]

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 20:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Track button Aug 22, 2005

I noticed, among the new features, the Track button under the questions. Can anyone explain what that is for, please?
Thanx

Sandra C.
Sandra C.
France
Local time: 01:00
English to French
+ ...
same request Aug 22, 2005

Also, one more suggestion: could we have one extra botton "respond to all/selected" or something like this on the very bottom so that we are able to post several responses to peer comments all at once? I would like to be able to enter responses to all peer comments and then just click one botton instead of having to enter each response and submitting it ("RESPOND" button) for every single peer comment separately. I hope this makes sense... IMHO it would be very helpful. Thanks.[/quote]
... See more
Also, one more suggestion: could we have one extra botton "respond to all/selected" or something like this on the very bottom so that we are able to post several responses to peer comments all at once? I would like to be able to enter responses to all peer comments and then just click one botton instead of having to enter each response and submitting it ("RESPOND" button) for every single peer comment separately. I hope this makes sense... IMHO it would be very helpful. Thanks.[/quote]

I couldn't agree more!
I also miss the overview of all the answers right under the asker's box, as well as the members' icons...
Collapse

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 20:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
I already found the answer Aug 22, 2005

Lic. Walter Landesman wrote:

I noticed, among the new features, the Track button under the questions. Can anyone explain what that is for, please?
Thanx

I already found the answer to my question. It was in forum
http://www.proz.com/topic/35208. So, Jason, do not worry.Thanx anyway. And I find this track feature useful too.
Take care.

Walter

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Comprehensive KudoZ update released

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »