Thread poster: Cibeles (X)
Cibeles (X)
Cibeles (X)

Local time: 23:18
German to Spanish
+ ...
May 31, 2005

Hello!
I have just got a project (file in tbu format), which need to be translated with Passolo localization software. I have not yet this tool, but I will buy it as soon as it gets.
My problem right now is that the client want to get a price and lead time for this project.
There is a possibility to count the words by any other means?
Thank you in advance for your help
Clara

Schwabamädle
Schwabamädle
Canada
Local time: 17:18
English to German
+ ...
copy and paste May 31, 2005

Dear Clara,

can´t you copy and paste the text into a Word file and than go under Tools click word count and count the words-

If not I guess you have to count the lines and tell the customer the approximate wordcount, one line has 55 characters or so. Maybe soneone else has a better idea.

All the best
Andrea

Cibeles (X)
Cibeles (X)

Local time: 23:18
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Passolo: How can I count the lines or words Jun 1, 2005

Thank you Andrea, I will do it so.
Clara

celtanc
celtanc
English
Jul 6, 2005

Hello Clara,

just use PASSOLO's "Statistics" function to display the number of strings/words/characters of translatable strings.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Passolo: How can I count the lines or words

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »