Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Have you started attending in-person work-related events again?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 16:58
Spanish to English
+ ...
Lexical quandary May 4, 2023

Christine Andersen wrote:

To answer the poll question: I have attended a couple of in-person events with colleagues, and perhaps they were fun rather than directly work-related. I have been twice to ´Sprogense´, ....

I can't help wondering if the name Sprogense has anything to do with the fact that you can take your sprogs (children) to the event.

Michele Fauble
Michele Fauble  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:58
Member (2006)
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Sprogense May 4, 2023

neilmac wrote:

Christine Andersen wrote:

To answer the poll question: I have attended a couple of in-person events with colleagues, and perhaps they were fun rather than directly work-related. I have been twice to ´Sprogense´, ....

I can't help wondering if the name Sprogense has anything to do with the fact that you can take your sprogs (children) to the event.

‘Sprog’ is the Danish word for ‘language’.

Sprogense er en årlig sprogfestival i Bogense
https://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprogense

“Sprogense is a yearly language festival in Bogense”

Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:58
French to English
. May 4, 2023

I answered no but then I remembered that I have attended a few concerts by my musician clients, and I went to see an exhibition by an artist client, which are events after all. I was also invited to a Christmas dinner by another client, which I couldn't attend because of a family event.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you started attending in-person work-related events again?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »