Update on changes made to the ProZ.com job posting system, 21 May, 2010
Thread poster: Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 04:30
SITE STAFF
May 21, 2010

Dear Members,

This is the sixth update posted on some of the progress being made in the changes to the ProZ.com job posting system. Previous updates are listed under the "Updates" section at http://www.proz.com/about/ipetition/changes

While work continues on the new rates system reported previously, the
... See more
Dear Members,

This is the sixth update posted on some of the progress being made in the changes to the ProZ.com job posting system. Previous updates are listed under the "Updates" section at http://www.proz.com/about/ipetition/changes

While work continues on the new rates system reported previously, the following has also been started:

• Certain changes have been made to give more priority to the directories, including the presentation of the options for outsourcers on the home page for non-logged in visitors and the jobs and directories overview.

• A page was started in the ProZ.com Wiki, Professional translator resources. The purpose of the page is to begin building the resources called for earlier in http://www.proz.com/topic/169814 . I would like to thank those who have collaborated on this so far, in particular members Niraja Nanjundan and Mette Melchior, who provided some very valuable material and feedback. It is hoped that members will continue to collaborate in this area and help to build a strong resource area which will be of use to all who are interested in protecting and improving the livelihood of professional translators. If anyone has difficulty adding material to the page, don't hesitate to contact me for help (you can reach me through my profile or via the support system).

Details on the changes to the job posting system, staff reaction, and member involvement and input can all be seen on the changes to be made to the ProZ.com job posting system pages.

If you have not done so already, you may subscribe to the above pages to receive email notification when updates are made or new information is added.

Thank you to site members for the ongoing feedback and support. Have a great weekend.

Regards,

Jared
    Member services
    ProZ.com ▲ Collapse

•  
    Giuseppe Bellone
    Giuseppe Bellone
    Italy
    Local time: 09:30
    English to Italian
    + ...
    Thank you Jared May 22, 2010

Thanks. Grazie.
    MisterBeppe

Susan Welsh
    Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
    United States
    Local time: 03:30
    Russian to English
    + ...
    New system is great May 23, 2010

Thank, Jared and the others who worked on this. I really like the new system that allows you to receive posts only on jobs that meet your minimum rates, and to know, for jobs that you did not receive notifications for but are posted on the job board, what the price range offered was. I haven't become familiar with all the fine points, but the overall impression is excellent.

Piotr Bienkowski
    Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
    Poland
    Local time: 09:30
    English to Polish
    + ...
    Payment deadline question link May 27, 2010

Many job posters somehow "forget" to include the payment deadline, even if they want e.g. 6000 words translated by tomorrow.

Could a link be included to ask them automatically about the payment deadline, which is an important part of the equation and the decision of whether to quote or not.

Will appreciate,

Piotr

P.S. I won't quote for 6000 words by tomorrow, when the job poster is reticent about the payment deadline.

[Edited at 2
    ... See more
    Many job posters somehow "forget" to include the payment deadline, even if they want e.g. 6000 words translated by tomorrow.

Could a link be included to ask them automatically about the payment deadline, which is an important part of the equation and the decision of whether to quote or not.

Will appreciate,

Piotr

P.S. I won't quote for 6000 words by tomorrow, when the job poster is reticent about the payment deadline.

[Edited at 2010-05-27 15:07 GMT]
    Collapse

Jared Tabor
    Jared Tabor
    Local time: 04:30
    SITE STAFF
    TOPIC STARTER
    Indicating the importance of payment terms if budget information is entered May 28, 2010

Hi Piotr,

It sounds like you are talking about a way to ask the outsourcer about the payment terms/date before deciding whether to quote, correct? I'm not sure that would be a good solution, but indication of the importance of entering the payment date if the outsourcer chooses to enter budget information can be added to the form easily enough.

Best regards,

Jared

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Update on changes made to the ProZ.com job posting system, 21 May, 2010

TM-Town
    Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
    Protemos translation business management system
    Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »