Available jobs for English > Swedish seems off
Thread poster: Jcrvnts
Jcrvnts
Jcrvnts
United States
Local time: 06:48
English to Swedish
Jul 15, 2022

Hello! I’m new to this site and I was scouting out and learning how to use proz. I was checking how to filter available jobs and noticed for the most part that available jobs correspond to the number of jobs available… except for Swedish. I found this is the only one showing a discrepancy where it says 44 jobs available, but the actual jobs are far less. Is this a bug that happens from time to time or are only certain jobs being shown for basic members. Just curious and learning the site.

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 12:48
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Specifying your language pair(s) and completing your profile are important Jul 15, 2022

Hello!
First, you need to complete your profile with more information about you, including specifying your language pair(s). When checking your profile, I can see "Native in: English" only.
To do that, I believe you need to go "Job Email Settings" in the top right-hand corner of the page below your name, and select the options you want from "Overall job notification preferences".
After completing that, you can start to receive English-Swedish jobs in the email address that you
... See more
Hello!
First, you need to complete your profile with more information about you, including specifying your language pair(s). When checking your profile, I can see "Native in: English" only.
To do that, I believe you need to go "Job Email Settings" in the top right-hand corner of the page below your name, and select the options you want from "Overall job notification preferences".
After completing that, you can start to receive English-Swedish jobs in the email address that you provided when you registered here.
If you need more help, you can also try to contact the staff to guide you with these first steps.
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Sadek_A
Sadek_A  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:48
English to Arabic
+ ...
Spot On! Jul 16, 2022

Jcrvnts wrote:
are only certain jobs being shown for basic members

I've always noticed, and wondered, the same, but with a minor (not really!) change.
I think, when search criteria standardized across all interested users (basic and/or paid-membership), jobs showing are not the same per every such user!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Available jobs for English > Swedish seems off

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »