Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >
ProZ.com announces Interpreter World Map (beta)
Thread poster: justin C
Edith Kelly
Edith Kelly  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 14:03
German to English
+ ...
Interpreter (?) World Map Oct 1, 2005

justin wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks for all your great feedback on the interpreter map.

In the upcoming weeks we will be working to add more countries and language pairs for searching.

Best Regards,
Justin

Hi Justin

I'm a bit confused .... having had a look at some of the entries for Germany, I noted that most are translators and not interpreters. Did I do anything wrong?

Colin Brady
Colin Brady  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:03
French to English
+ ...
Interpreter search updates Oct 19, 2005

Hi everyone,

Justin and I just added a lot more countries to the interpreter search, as well as some other general improvements. Just thought I would let you all know.

df49f wrote:
Somehow I can't find my own "balloon" on the map of France!! and I found names in bubbles "misplaced" in the map (eg: somebody domiciled in the Paris area "ballooned" in the Nantes area!), so maybe my balloon is out there on the Riviera although I am in western France!
Also (maybe my fault since my web-literacy is somewhat limited!), but I can't find an actual list of names.

Hi df49f,

Only platinum members are shown on the first page, you have to click the link above the map to include non-platinum members. I'm not sure if you noticed this.

Great idea. Thanks. But I can only find myself in Eng-Blr language pair, not in Eng-Rus (which provides 95% of my income, entre nous soit dit).

Hi Yuri,

You are not showing up for the English-Russian pair because you do not have interpreting selected as a service for that language pair. To change this, go to: http://www.proz.com/?sp=partfilt

Currently, the only way to change the services or styles for a pair, is to remove the pair and add it back again. This will likely change in the near future.

Best Regards,
Colin

Colin Brady
Argentina
French to English
+ ...
ProZ.com Interpreter Search Oct 21, 2005

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to announce that we have made a few more changes to the ProZ.com Interpreter Search. Platinum members are now listed on the left side of the map, and when their name is clicked, the white bubble indicating their location appears on the map. Non-platinum members are listed under the map. Also, members are color coded on the map based on their membership status.

Please reply if you have any questions, comments, or if you find any bugs.

C
... See more
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to announce that we have made a few more changes to the ProZ.com Interpreter Search. Platinum members are now listed on the left side of the map, and when their name is clicked, the white bubble indicating their location appears on the map. Non-platinum members are listed under the map. Also, members are color coded on the map based on their membership status.

Please reply if you have any questions, comments, or if you find any bugs.

Colin
Collapse

Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Google earth local is better Nov 2, 2005

very interesting but it should be **much more** interesting to be on Google earth local, as USA, Canada and UK lucky people

Do you think to obtain this option in the future ?

Claudio

Luciano Monteiro
Luciano Monteiro  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:03
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Incomplete picture of Brazil Nov 2, 2005

When I try to look for interpreters in Brazil, what I see is an incomplete satellite picture of Brazil that does not show half the state of Rio Grande do Sul (the southernmost one), which incidentally is where I live.

Based on other searches I've made for interpreters in other countries, there has been no other case in which an incomplete picture of a country was shown.

Of course I know I could use the arrows and the zoom function to go down south, but I don´t see why
... See more
When I try to look for interpreters in Brazil, what I see is an incomplete satellite picture of Brazil that does not show half the state of Rio Grande do Sul (the southernmost one), which incidentally is where I live.

Based on other searches I've made for interpreters in other countries, there has been no other case in which an incomplete picture of a country was shown.

Of course I know I could use the arrows and the zoom function to go down south, but I don´t see why a search for interpreters in Brazil should show countries such as Bolivia, Paraguay, Guyana and Venezuela in full and should not show the relevant country in its entirety.

Apart from that, congratulations on the new feature. Keep up the good work.

Luciano
Collapse

PTSGI
PTSGI  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 20:03
Member (2002)
Chinese to Spanish
+ ...
Interpreter World Map (Taiwan) Nov 2, 2005

Hi Justin,

Just want to check why no Taiwan in the country list?

PTSGI

Paola Dentifrigi
Paola Dentifrigi  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
I can't see my name Nov 2, 2005

Hi, I tried all of my combination and I am not listed.
I have seen my little flag on the global map, but not on the interpreters one. What's wrong?

Cheers
Paola

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:03
Flemish to English
+ ...
Refine Type of Interpreting Nov 2, 2005

Edited

[Edited at 2005-11-02 14:44]

mustafaer
mustafaer  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 15:03
Member (2005)
I have completed registration at the map but when searching I do not appear on the map. Nov 2, 2005

justin wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks for all your great feedback on the interpreter map.

In the upcoming weeks we will be working to add more countries and language pairs for searching.

Best Regards,
Justin

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 08:03
English
TOPIC STARTER
One big reason you would not show up on the interpreter map Nov 2, 2005

Hi all,

Since a few members have had the same problem, I will address the major reason why you would not show up on the interpreter map in this post.

You must indicate that you offer interpreting services in your language pairs on the language pair settings page (http://www.proz.com/?sp=partfilt). Please visit this page and re-add the language pairs you offer interpreting ser
... See more
Hi all,

Since a few members have had the same problem, I will address the major reason why you would not show up on the interpreter map in this post.

You must indicate that you offer interpreting services in your language pairs on the language pair settings page (http://www.proz.com/?sp=partfilt). Please visit this page and re-add the language pairs you offer interpreting services in. Be sure to check the interpreting services checkboxes that apply to you in the "Services I offer in this pair" section on the language pair settings page.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Justin
Collapse

Alison High
Alison High  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to English
+ ...
refresh time? Nov 2, 2005

justin wrote:

Hi all,

You must indicate that you offer interpreting services in your language pairs on the language pair settings page (http://www.proz.com/?sp=partfilt). Please visit this page and re-add the language pairs you offer interpreting services in. Be sure to check the interpreting services checkboxes that apply to you in the "Services I offer in this pair" section on the language pair settings page.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Justin

Great job... at last people will know I don't live next door to Geneva! I also realised I'd only put Translation in my services... I've done that now... what's the refresh rate? Should I expect to see myself on that nice map in a few minutes/hours/days or weeks?

Many thanks!

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 08:03
English
TOPIC STARTER
You must also enter your location for the map Nov 2, 2005

Hi Allison!

You should be able to see yourself on the map within 5 minutes or so (maximum time). But it also looks like you did not select where you live on the map. Please visit http://www.proz.com/?sp=geo_select and go through the process to enter your location on the map, to ensure you come up in the interpreter search.

After entering your location, you should show up on
... See more
Hi Allison!

You should be able to see yourself on the map within 5 minutes or so (maximum time). But it also looks like you did not select where you live on the map. Please visit http://www.proz.com/?sp=geo_select and go through the process to enter your location on the map, to ensure you come up in the interpreter search.

After entering your location, you should show up on the map (please let me know if you do not).

Best Regards,
Justin
Collapse

Ellen-Marian Panissières
Ellen-Marian Panissières
France
French to Dutch
+ ...
Not in the right place Nov 3, 2005

Hi,

Great, this map! But my balloon is not in the right place. I am living in the South-East of France and not in the upper north of France.

Is it a bug?

Colin Brady
Argentina
French to English
+ ...
Balloon not in right location Nov 16, 2005

doucine wrote:
Great, this map! But my balloon is not in the right place. I am living in the South-East of France and not in the upper north of France.

Hi doucine,

I see you in the south-east part of France, so I assume you figured it out. If you have any more problems, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Colin

Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Interpreter World Map and Google earth Feb 28, 2006

why bubbles are not even on Google earth?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com announces Interpreter World Map (beta)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »