"Match case" option for term recognition?
Thread poster: Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:47
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 23, 2005

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering whether it is possible to set an option to "match case" when using term recognition. There are some instances when the same term may appear in lower case and some instances when it may be capitalized in the source document, is there a way to set up both options so I don't have to manually change the case once the term has been inserted through TW?

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:47
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found the answer! Aug 23, 2005

Ok, I found the answer to my own question and I thought I'd share it with others who may find it useful.

All you have to do is add the entries with the different capitalizations (same source term, target terms only different in the way they are capitalized) and during term recognition you will see the various options with one of them highlighted, then simply use the arrow keys or mouse to highlight the one you want to use.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Match case" option for term recognition?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »