JaneD
JaneD  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 07:39
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Mar 27

As the title says, I'm starting to doubt myself about this issue, and would welcome a) confirmation that I'm not imagining it and b) a solution!

I'm working in Studio 2021 (SR2 - 16.2.12.9338, if that helps) and my termbases all seem to have suddenly started only recognising case-sensitive matches.

So, in other words, if I type "orthodox" but the termbase term is "Orthodox", nothing pops up in the translation window.

Now, I've been using Trados since.... um
... See more
As the title says, I'm starting to doubt myself about this issue, and would welcome a) confirmation that I'm not imagining it and b) a solution!

I'm working in Studio 2021 (SR2 - 16.2.12.9338, if that helps) and my termbases all seem to have suddenly started only recognising case-sensitive matches.

So, in other words, if I type "orthodox" but the termbase term is "Orthodox", nothing pops up in the translation window.

Now, I've been using Trados since.... um... 2011? Earlier? And I'm fairly sure it's not done this before.

So how do I stop it? It's not just one termbase, it's not just one language pair, and it's driving me absolutely crackers. I *have* tried doing maintenance (or whatever it's called) on at least one termbase, and that made no difference.

Anyone got any suggestions?
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 08:39
English to Russian
Options or Project Settings Mar 27

First go to Options - AutoSuggest. Make sure the 'Case sensetve' box is not checked.
Then go to Project Settings - Language Pairs - All Language Pairs -Termbases -Search Settings. Make sure the 'Minimum match value %' is lower than 100. Set it to 70 for example. Click OK to save your changes if any.

JaneD
JaneD  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 07:39
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Brilliant! Mar 27

Stepan Konev wrote:

First go to Options - AutoSuggest. Make sure the 'Case sensetve' box is not checked.
Then go to Project Settings - Language Pairs - All Language Pairs -Termbases -Search Settings. Make sure the 'Minimum match value %' is lower than 100. Set it to 70 for example. Click OK to save your changes if any.

Got it, thanks very much! It was the "Case sensitive" box - though I've definitely already checked that several times. But I don't care if the gremlins have been at work, as long as it's fixed. I have a new client who's given me a very useful glossary but it's got a lot of upper case stuff in it and I really need it to show me when I should be capitalising!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Am I going mad? Termbase seems to have suddenly become case sensitive

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »