Thread poster: Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Local time: 08:48
German to English
+ ...
Oct 28, 2005

I've just finished translating a huge Excel file with TagEditor, and now can't get to my translation.

The file has 60 worksheets, and when I either try to use preview target or save target as I get "Connection with server application error:
Document structure error:
cell: Veränderung Eigenkapital und Schulden from worksheet:5 does not exist in TRADOSTag document. Please check if the structure of the TRADOSTag document or the workbook was changed.

OK"
... See more
I've just finished translating a huge Excel file with TagEditor, and now can't get to my translation.

The file has 60 worksheets, and when I either try to use preview target or save target as I get "Connection with server application error:
cell: Veränderung Eigenkapital und Schulden from worksheet:5 does not exist in TRADOSTag document. Please check if the structure of the TRADOSTag document or the workbook was changed.

OK"

I haven't changed the structure of any document. I have been able to save half of my work, but if I have to translate the rest manually again I'll be at it for weeks and I have to deliver ASAP!!!

I'm using TagEditor 6.5.2.417 with Excel 2000 under Windows XP Home.

I've tried looking in the trados support center but can't find anything. That being said I don't find the structure there very intuitive - or perhaps it's just coz I don't have to look there that often

Has anyone had this problem before? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Any help most greatly appreciated!

Best,

Alison
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 09:48
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Did you close all programs Oct 28, 2005

I'm only guessing, since I have never translated excel-sheets directly. Maybe starting the computer would help?
Regards
Heinrich

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 08:48
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Retranslate the original file with the TM, you must have built translating Oct 29, 2005

Alison Riddell-Kachur wrote:

Looks like the cell in Worksheet:5, named "Veränderung Eigenkapital und Schulden" does not exist or has changed, maybe it is a formula cell etc - believe me, I'm not trying to be sarcastic...

You could start fiddling around this element (in the worksheet 5 out of 60!!), but otoh, you should have the TM; right? So why not start with the original Excel file and do the ControlAlt* routine?
And - maybe - you cut up the file in several smaller pieces first, you can always join the translations back into one single file later.

regards

smo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with TagEditor and Excel

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »