Trados and Indian fonts
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 12:58
English to German
+ ...
Nov 4, 2005

Hi! I just took a check at trados 7.0 freelance, wanted to translate a test document into Hindi, but I see only the western fonts, various hindi fonts have been installed on my system and are also available in word. It was the same case with Telugu or other indian or arabic languages, I alway got the western fonts displayed. Did I miss anything. Shall appreciate all help. Brandis

Anil Goyal
Anil Goyal  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 16:28
English to Hindi
+ ...
Me too... Nov 4, 2005

Brandis wrote:

Hi! I just took a check at trados 7.0 freelance, wanted to translate a test document into Hindi, but I see only the western fonts, various hindi fonts have been installed on my system and are also available in word. It was the same case with Telugu or other indian or arabic languages, I alway got the western fonts displayed. Did I miss anything. Shall appreciate all help. Brandis

I had installed Trados 7 on my home computer and I could use Indian languages like Hindi and Telugu etc. however, yesterday I installed the T7 on my Office computer and though I chose Indian languages at the time of installation, I can see only European languages.

Probably, it is becasue T5.5 was installed on that machine and I should have uninstalled it before installing T7.

Any suggestion?

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 12:58
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
May be I had installed it wrongly Nov 6, 2005

but Mr. Goyal, other languages are functioning just fine. Can you explain your installation method, but why doesn´t anybody from Trados support forum reacting, I wonder. This is infact not the first trados question I had. Best Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados and Indian fonts

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »