صفحات الموضوع:   < [1 2]
MultiTerm help (looking to incorporate file alignment)
ناشر الموضوع: BAmary (X)
Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
ألمانيا
Local time: 10:56
أنجليزي إلى ألماني
+ ...
Alignment works for TMs, not for termbases Jan 26, 2006

Hi again,
If I understand correctly, the definitions are only in French; what you might want to try is to add these as an additional column (next to the column for the French entries), and to define this column as an attribute (not an index). Re-run the conversion.

HTH, Ralf

BAmary (X)
BAmary (X)  Identity Verified
كندا
Local time: 04:56
أنجليزي إلى إسباني
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
Definitions are in 3 languages Jan 26, 2006

Hi Ralf,

Actually the definitions are in the 3 languages. I need to find a way to copy an entire definition into a single Excel cell (including line breaks, etc.).

Regards,

BAmary (X)
BAmary (X)  Identity Verified
كندا
Local time: 04:56
أنجليزي إلى إسباني
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
It worked! Jan 26, 2006

It worked again! I placed all the definitions in an Excel column under the headings FrDefinition, EnDefinition and SpDefinition and I made those fields subordinate to the terms.

I don't know if it's the easiest way, but it worked for me!

صفحات الموضوع:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm help (looking to incorporate file alignment)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »