Imad Almaghary (X)
Imad Almaghary (X)
Local time: 02:12
inglês para árabe
+ ...
Jan 31, 2006

I installed the following version of Trados
TRADOS_MultiTerm_7_Desktop_7.0.1.320
so, Do I have to install other versions at the same time to complete the items of the software or it is only enough. I heard about Workbench, EditTag and so on. I heard about Workbench but I did not find it in that version mentioned above. Please help and I would be thankful very much very much. Thanks

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Alemanha
Local time: 01:12
inglês para alemão
+ ...
What did you buy? Jan 31, 2006

Hi Imad,
MultiTerm is one SDL Trados product; it's the terminology management tool. Usually MultiTerm comes alongside Translators' Workbench (TagEditor is the proprietary editor used with Workbench).

If you bought Workbench, you will need to download and install this separately.

HTH, Ralr

Imad Almaghary (X)
Imad Almaghary (X)
inglês para árabe
+ ...
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
How many Trados Softwares I need to install togather to complete Trados cirlce. Jan 31, 2006

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Imad,
MultiTerm is one SDL Trados product; it's the terminology management tool. Usually MultiTerm comes alongside Translators' Workbench (TagEditor is the proprietary editor used with Workbench).

If you bought Workbench, you will need to download and install this separately.

HTH, Ralr

Mr. Ralf Lemster you were really showing good command and knowledge. I can not find suitable words to express my regards to you. One more question please. How many Trados Softwares I need to install togather to complete Trados cirlce. In other word to be clear, Does Workbench have separate software? Does MultiTerm have separate software? Does EditTah have separate software and so on. And if so , what is the list of the needed softwares?
Forgive me it might be easy question but i am new in this field and I listen that powerful companies use it so i want to be professional and thank you Proz moderator. Waiting for your kind reply.

Ralf Lemster
Alemanha
inglês para alemão
+ ...
Check TranslationZone Jan 31, 2006

Hi again,
Assuming that you're working as a freelancer, I would suggest browsing the list of products on TranslationZone (note that last year, Trados was taken over by SDL, so you'll find both product lines there).

A very brief overview of components:

- Translators' Workbench is the main CAT (computer-aided translation) tool, using translation memories (
... See more
Hi again,
Assuming that you're working as a freelancer, I would suggest browsing the list of products on TranslationZone (note that last year, Trados was taken over by SDL, so you'll find both product lines there).

A very brief overview of components:

- Translators' Workbench is the main CAT (computer-aided translation) tool, using translation memories (TMs) to support the translation process.
- TagEditor is TW's editor environment (used to translate tagged formats, as well as Excel and Powerpoint files - Word files can be translated in Word or in TagEditor)
- WinAlign allows you to create TMs from existing pairs of files.
- MultiTerm is the terminology management tool.

You may also want to check the CAT Tool Support forum, as well as the other tool-specific forums (Fusion, DéjàVu, Wordfast) to find out more about these tools.

Hope this helps,
Ralf
Collapse

Imad Almaghary (X)
Imad Almaghary (X)
inglês para árabe
+ ...
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
You are great. inquiry on MT Termbase and its extension extention Jan 31, 2006

I will recommend others to you due to your strong intension of giving help and I am sure that you are more than successful in your career. Mr. Ralf, You gave me a great indications and tips that I benefited from. One more question if this does not bother you or other people who read this. How can I create a MultiTerm Termbase file that has the extension of "mtw"? I followed the tutorial where it was available in the tutorial but when I applied that tutorial I could not find any file of MT Termba... See more
I will recommend others to you due to your strong intension of giving help and I am sure that you are more than successful in your career. Mr. Ralf, You gave me a great indications and tips that I benefited from. One more question if this does not bother you or other people who read this. How can I create a MultiTerm Termbase file that has the extension of "mtw"? I followed the tutorial where it was available in the tutorial but when I applied that tutorial I could not find any file of MT Termbase or any "mtw" extension in particular. I understood lots of things except where to find or how to find "mtw" extension file or where is the MT Termbase located?

Forgive me once again for those many questions although they may be easy for you and others due to having experience other this.

KEEP IN TOUCH ALL PROZ PROFESSIONALS
Thanks
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Alemanha
inglês para alemão
+ ...
.mtw is the termbase format of MultiTerm 5.x Jan 31, 2006

Hi again,
Don't recommend me - recommend this forum, and the many experienced users who are happy to help.

How can I create a MultiTerm Termbase file that has the extension of "mtw"? I followed the tutorial where it was available in the tutorial but when I applied that tutorial I could not find any file of MT Termbase or any "mtw" extension in particular. I understood lots of things except where to find or how to find "mtw" extension file or where is the MT Termbase located?

The .mtw file extension was used by the predecessor version of MultiTerm (MT 5.x); unless you have that version (or a customer sends you a termbase in this format), you wouldn't have any such files on your system.

Best regards,
Ralf

Imad Almaghary (X)
Imad Almaghary (X)
inglês para árabe
+ ...
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
Languages support. Yes, No question Jan 31, 2006

Does Trados 7 support the use of Arabic? I did not find it in the MultiTerm extraction window. Thanks for help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New to Trados What to do

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »