(32): The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Trados 7)
Thread poster: ahmadwadan.com
ahmadwadan.com
ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
Local time: 22:47
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jun 13, 2006

- Trados Workbench Version 7

This problem happens when I press ALT+* to go on automatic translation although TM matches source 100% so I have to press ALT+Home & ALT+(+) from time to time to after I choose the next segment manually.

Any idea?
Thank you in advance

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 21:47
German
+ ...
Virus Scanner? Jun 13, 2006

Do you have a virus scanner running in the background? We use G-Data Antivirenkit 2006 and it keeps causing us a lot of trouble with "file in use" messages.

You might try rebooting your PC, disabling the virus scanner for a while and see if the problem goes away. If it does, you know it's the virus scanner.

HTH,
B

ahmadwadan.com
ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
Local time: 22:47
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes I have but... Jun 15, 2006

tectranslate wrote:

Do you have a virus scanner running in the background? We use G-Data Antivirenkit 2006 and it keeps causing us a lot of trouble with "file in use" messages.

You might try rebooting your PC, disabling the virus scanner for a while and see if the problem goes away. If it does, you know it's the virus scanner.

HTH,
B

Thank you tectranslate, yeh I have Symantec AntiVirus and I disabled it but it did not work.

Thank you

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

(32): The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Trados 7)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »