Problems saving target excel file after translation with tageditor
Thread poster: bewley
bewley
bewley  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:48
French to English
+ ...
Jun 18, 2006

I' m using tageditor to translate a very repetitive excel file. The tageditor file seems fine but when I try to save it as an excel file the message "saving document" appears at the bottom of tageditor but then the programme freezes. The message "Connection with server application error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800401A8" appears. Any suggestions? I don't want to have to type it all again by hand. Cheers, Sarah

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-06-19 03:03]

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 02:48
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
"when I try to save it as an excel file" Jun 19, 2006

One condition sine qua non for TagEditor-based translations is to keep the original file in the same subdirectory, otherwise the program does not know what to do with the ttx file, when you want the target file.

Seems the idea is to keep language-independent baggage out of the ttx files, but then they are necessary to ask for the final target document.

You do not mention the version of TagEditor, but I guess this aspect is more or less independent of the version.... See more
One condition sine qua non for TagEditor-based translations is to keep the original file in the same subdirectory, otherwise the program does not know what to do with the ttx file, when you want the target file.

Seems the idea is to keep language-independent baggage out of the ttx files, but then they are necessary to ask for the final target document.

You do not mention the version of TagEditor, but I guess this aspect is more or less independent of the version.

regards

Vito

[Edited at 2006-06-19 06:10]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems saving target excel file after translation with tageditor

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »