Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.
Australia
Local time: 09:59
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
Jun 27, 2006

Hello,

As my laptop crashed the other day and had to be sent off for repairs, I have installed Trados on my desktop PC this evening (usually I only use it on my laptop). Everything worked fine, the license was accepted, Workbench opens, I can open all my memories, I can analyse files BUT... When I open Word to start translating a document the Trados toolbar is not there. I solved this by manually adding the Trados7 template. This makes the Trados toolbar appear but whenever I try to
... See more
Hello,

As my laptop crashed the other day and had to be sent off for repairs, I have installed Trados on my desktop PC this evening (usually I only use it on my laptop). Everything worked fine, the license was accepted, Workbench opens, I can open all my memories, I can analyse files BUT... When I open Word to start translating a document the Trados toolbar is not there. I solved this by manually adding the Trados7 template. This makes the Trados toolbar appear but whenever I try to select 'open' or 'open/get' I am getting a pop up window telling me 'Trados Translators' Workbench is not running' even though it definitely is!

(I'm not a Trados expert, so apologies if this has an obvious solution.)

Any ideas how I can solve this?

Many thanks,
Nicole

[Edited at 2006-06-28 12:30]
Collapse

Marek Buchtel
Marek Buchtel  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 01:59
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Re-register Trados in the system Jun 27, 2006

Hi Nicole,

Try registering Trados in the system again.
What version of Trados/OS are you using?

For SDL Trados 2006 on Windows XP:
In the Start menu, choose the group SDL International -> SDL Trados 2006 Freelance -> Register SDL Trados 2006 Freelance

Regards

Marek

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.
Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.
Australia
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can't register Jun 28, 2006

Marek Buchtel wrote:

Hi Nicole,

Try registering Trados in the system again.
What version of Trados/OS are you using?

For SDL Trados 2006 on Windows XP:
In the Start menu, choose the group SDL International -> SDL Trados 2006 Freelance -> Register SDL Trados 2006 Freelance

Regards

Marek

Hi Marek,

Thanks for your reply. I am using SDL Trados 2006 Freelance and Woindows XP. I tried registering following the path you specified but when the DOS window opens I am getting an error message saying access to registry key denied. I remember having the same problem on my laptop but I could still use Trados. On my desktop I amstill getting the same error saying Workbench is not running but it is.

Thanks,
Nicole

Marek Buchtel
Marek Buchtel  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 01:59
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Admin rights? Jun 28, 2006

Nicol,

Does your account in XP have the administrator's rights?
It may be necessary for the registration...

Regards

Marek

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.
Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.
Australia
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Will check Jun 28, 2006

Marek Buchtel wrote:

Nicol,

Does your account in XP have the administrator's rights?
It may be necessary for the registration...

Regards

Marek

Hi Marek,

I believe it does but will double-check this tonight when I'm back at my PC. However, on my laptop I definitely have the admin rights and the registation never worked there, even though Trados was runnig fine.

I have also logged a ticket with Trados Support in the meantime but I'm getting very worried I might not be able to work tonight....

Thanks,
Nicole

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message claims Translators Workbench is not running but it is

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »