Wrong (modified) user ID in segments (Workbench 5.5)
Thread poster: gilkain
gilkain
gilkain
Local time: 04:54
English to French
+ ...
Sep 18, 2006

Some of my users recently informed me that when they translate documents, the user ID which appear on the segments is wrong.
This happens for instance when a translator finds a good segment in the memory, uses it but changes one or two words. The original segment then changes owner.
Any idea ?

Truc Tran Van
Truc Tran Van
Vietnam
Local time: 09:54
English to Vietnamese
Check if your TM "Allow Mutiple Translations" Sep 18, 2006

gilkain wrote:

Some of my users recently informed me that when they translate documents, the user ID which appear on the segments is wrong.
This happens for instance when a translator finds a good segment in the memory, uses it but changes one or two words. The original segment then changes owner.
Any idea ?

Check if your TM "Allow Mutiple Translations".

If yes, maybe when new user change translation for known segment, it will create a new translation for the same source in new user name. This is just my guess.

BETA TRANSLATE
BETA TRANSLATE
France
Local time: 23:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
copy source Sep 18, 2006

My suggestion is the following one:

In order to avoid making mistakes whenever I have to translate either a name or a long number such as ID's, I click "copy source".

In my version it is the arrow between "restore source" and Set/close next open/get".

I hope this will help

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wrong (modified) user ID in segments (Workbench 5.5)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »