Should SDL Trados 2006 support all the languages supported by Windows XP?
Thread poster: Tsogt Gombosuren
Tsogt Gombosuren
Tsogt Gombosuren  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:43
Member (2004)
English to Mongolian
+ ...
Oct 4, 2006

I expected that SDL Trados 2006 would include Mongolian in its list of supported languages when I bought a new license for the software.

But it doesn't support Mongolian like its older versions.

Do you think that SDL Trados 2006 should support all the languages supported by Windows XP?

[Edited at 2006-10-04 04:09]

[Edited at 2006-10-04 04:10]

Stefan de Boeck (X)
Stefan de Boeck (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 23:43
English to Dutch
+ ...
MN Oct 4, 2006

Tsogt Gombosuren wrote:

I expected that SDL Trados 2006 would include Mongolian in its list of supported languages. But it doesn't.

Do you think that SDL Trados 2006 should support all the languages supported by Windows XP?

It does support Mongolian; its language code is MN.

You can install (during installation!) up to 5 languages in the Freelance version.
Only an agency would need more; they're probably buying the Professional package.

Tsogt Gombosuren
Tsogt Gombosuren  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:43
Member (2004)
English to Mongolian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It did not have Mongolian language in its list of languages which appears during installation. Oct 4, 2006

Thank you for your post!

I uninstalled and installed several times to find Mongolian in the dropdown list of languages during installation. But I could not find my language.

I didn't want to select all the languages, but five languages, including Mongolian.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Should SDL Trados 2006 support all the languages supported by Windows XP?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »