Thread poster: Natalia Litvinenko
Natalia Litvinenko
Natalia Litvinenko
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:07
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 16

I've just updated to Wordfast pro 8.11.0 and the button used to generate Segment Changes Report disappeared from menu.
Any ideas, where it can be found now?

Jamie Lucero
Jamie Lucero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:07
French to English
Segment Changes Report button in same place Jan 18

Hello Natalia, I just updated from WFP 8.10.0 to 8.11.0 on my Windows 11 machine and see no difference. The Segment Changes Report button is still present for me in Current Project view under the Project Files tab. However, I wonder if you were not viewing WFP in a full-screen window or if you were using a screen with lower resolution. If the window size or resolution is reduced, toolbar buttons on the right side of the toolbar sometimes get pushed off into the collapsed ite... See more
Hello Natalia, I just updated from WFP 8.10.0 to 8.11.0 on my Windows 11 machine and see no difference. The Segment Changes Report button is still present for me in Current Project view under the Project Files tab. However, I wonder if you were not viewing WFP in a full-screen window or if you were using a screen with lower resolution. If the window size or resolution is reduced, toolbar buttons on the right side of the toolbar sometimes get pushed off into the collapsed items area. Those buttons can then be found by clicking on the Collapsed Items icon (looks like four, parallel, horizontal lines) at the right end of the toolbar.

If this does not help, perhaps you could provide more details, such as the WFP version you upgraded from, your OS (Windows/Mac/Linux) and OS version, and where you would normally find the Segment Changes Report button that is now missing for you.

UPDATE: Another possibility is that project packages may disable certain WFP options. If you received your project from a client, that may be the reason. You could try setting up your own project to see if the button reappears.

[Edited at 2024-01-18 22:17 GMT]
Collapse

Philippe Locquet

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No Segment Changes Report button in WordFast Pro 8.11.0

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »