Local time: 23:10
Membro
Da Inglese a Olandese
+ ...
Good for you! Jun 20, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-06-18 11:32, bharg wrote:

Dear All,

This is to inform you that the agency finally did pay me after 3 months without any further hassles!! Nevertheless they go into my \"Black Book\".

Happy to hear that
[addsig]

Melanie Sellers
Melanie Sellers
Local time: 23:10
Da Inglese a Tedesco
+ ...
I have had a very similiar experience.... Sep 4, 2002

I recently translated a text for a company who posted the job on Proz, I had accepted the job for very little pay and should have realized then that this company was out to get a free translation. They stated that the quality of work was poor and that they would reduce the amount that they would pay and even that amount, I still have not received as of yet. When inquiring about the payment I would receive e-mails such as a cashier\'s check had been issued and to stop writing them e-mails or they... See more
I recently translated a text for a company who posted the job on Proz, I had accepted the job for very little pay and should have realized then that this company was out to get a free translation. They stated that the quality of work was poor and that they would reduce the amount that they would pay and even that amount, I still have not received as of yet. When inquiring about the payment I would receive e-mails such as a cashier\'s check had been issued and to stop writing them e-mails or they would consider it spaming..... I must say my e-mails to this person have been answered in such an ill-professional and childish manner that I am now considering to start collection procedures.

Collapse

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)
Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)  Identity Verified
Da Inglese a Francese
+ ...
Melanie - did they show you the edited file? Sep 5, 2002

Hi Melanie,

When ever an agency comes back to you with a complaint about your work, they need to provide you with the edited file or client\'s comments so that you can see what they are talking about.

Some agencies (indeed) will try to get a free translation by simply making up a complaint that the work was sub-standard.

Do not accept any reduction in your payment unless they show you real proof.

Good luck
... See more
Hi Melanie,

When ever an agency comes back to you with a complaint about your work, they need to provide you with the edited file or client\'s comments so that you can see what they are talking about.

Some agencies (indeed) will try to get a free translation by simply making up a complaint that the work was sub-standard.

Do not accept any reduction in your payment unless they show you real proof.

Good luck

Nathalie
Collapse

Pagine:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Agency not paying - saying quality not acceptable

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »