A 29-word project with a nearly 20-word Test Required!!!
Thread poster: Mark Xiang
Mark Xiang
Mark Xiang
Local time: 04:15
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jan 25, 2005

Anybody wants to offer a quote?

Try this http://www.proz.com/job/70058

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 22:15
English to Dutch
+ ...
Nope, I think outsourcer made a small mistake Jan 25, 2005

Mark Xiang wrote:

Try this http://www.proz.com/job/70058[/quote]

I simply think the outsourcer needs the translation of the words he posted as 'sample' and that he's willing to pay .10 SGD/per word.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Contact a jobs moderator Jan 25, 2005

Mark,
Evert is right - this is quite obviously a mistake (presumably, the job poster meant to enter 29,000 words, but used a full stop as a thousands separator). I would have expected the marketing collateral of Sentosa Island and Resort to be significantly more than 29 words...

As I pointed out a few times before, may I suggest to contact a Jobs moderator instead? Saves some time...

Best regards,
Ralf

Mark Xiang
Mark Xiang
Local time: 04:15
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Ralf Jan 25, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Mark,
Evert is right - this is quite obviously a mistake (presumably, the job poster meant to enter 29,000 words, but used a full stop as a thousands separator). I would have expected the marketing collateral of Sentosa Island and Resort to be significantly more than 29 words...

As I pointed out a few times before, may I suggest to contact a Jobs moderator instead? Saves some time...

Best regards,
Ralf

See what it shows:
Volume and pricing: 29 words at 0.10 SGD per word [ TOTAL: 2.90 SGD ]

I just do not think it is possible to make TWO mistakes in such a SHORT and SIMPLE sentence.

And I had seen several bid invitations on project with even fewer words than this one.

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
Would be one mistake, not two Jan 25, 2005

Mark Xiang wrote:

See what it shows:
Volume and pricing: 29 words at 0.10 SGD per word [ TOTAL: 2.90 SGD ]

I just do not think it is possible to make TWO mistakes in such a SHORT and SIMPLE sentence.

And I had seen several bid invitations on project with even fewer words than this one.

29 instead of 29.000 would indeed be a mistake, but making calculations is an automatic feature.
As already mentioned by Ralf, please contact a Jobs Moderator when you notice a mistake or inappropriate job postings.
I'lm closing this thread now.

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:15
English to Arabic
+ ...
SUCCESSFUL Applicants must translate the following text? Jan 25, 2005

Mark Xiang wrote:

Try this http://www.proz.com/job/70058[/quote]

Actually, the sample text posted contains EXACTLY 29 words (if you count pony/horse as one word as there's no space between them).
So I think the poster meant to write:
SUCCESSFUL Applicants must translate the following text.

lien
lien
Netherlands
English to French
+ ...
Participation Jan 25, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

And miss all the comments? ;D

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A 29-word project with a nearly 20-word Test Required!!!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »