krishna mallick
krishna mallick
India
Local time: 05:18
Japanese to English
+ ...
Feb 13, 2003

Hi all,

I have been looking for japanese to english and vice versa translation samples in the field of engineering, medical, legal, advertisement, news paper articles, scientific, etc, but could not find one. If any body knows any worthy site, please let me know.

regards,

Ellen Kapusniak (X)
Ellen Kapusniak (X)
Local time: 00:48
Japanese to English
Don't know a site, but a useful book... Feb 14, 2003

I don\'t know of any sites that contain samples myself, but if it\'s for reference or study then I have been working with a copy of \"Translator Self Training Japanese\", with both J-E and E-J samples for translation of general, patent, chemical, business/industrial, and legal (legal is E-J only). If its any help the ISBN is: 1-887563-69-5, published by Schreiber Publishing.

On 2003-02-13 17:21, aikokujin wrote:

Hi all,

I have been
... See more
I don\'t know of any sites that contain samples myself, but if it\'s for reference or study then I have been working with a copy of \"Translator Self Training Japanese\", with both J-E and E-J samples for translation of general, patent, chemical, business/industrial, and legal (legal is E-J only). If its any help the ISBN is: 1-887563-69-5, published by Schreiber Publishing.

On 2003-02-13 17:21, aikokujin wrote:

Hi all,

I have been looking for japanese to english and vice versa translation samples in the field of engineering, medical, legal, advertisement, news paper articles, scientific, etc, but could not find one. If any body knows any worthy site, please let me know.

regards,

[/quote]
Collapse

horse
horse
Local time: 08:48
English to Japanese
+ ...
Pick them up from Kudos Feb 14, 2003

Sometimes I pick up useful sites from the Kudos references and the forums.

However there is no single site for your purpose.

They are usually bits of information for a particular field.

Eijiro on the web is a good general type on line dictionary but you won\'t always find terms that are too specialized.

I hope I have been able to help !

Good luck in your search !

bd2016
bd2016
United States
Local time: 19:48
English to Japanese
ビジネス技術 実用英語大辞典 Feb 14, 2003

This is also a dictionary but has a lot of examples.

See

http://www.hi-ho.ne.jp/unnos/unnodict.htm

You can use via website too.

http://www.nichigai.co.jp/web_service/compu_term.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

please give a site for legal, scientific, medical, etc translations

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »