Thread poster: Daniel Grigoras
Daniel Grigoras
Daniel Grigoras  Identity Verified
Romania
Romanian to English
+ ...
Oct 13, 2013

Hello,

I am working for the first time in MemoQ on tight deadline project and I would like to know if there's a way to autotranslate and confirm segments containing only numbers. I mean, in such cases the only thing needed is to tell MemoQ to copy source to target and confirm. Sometimes there's a code followed by an asterisk, e.g. 8947489*, so this should also be included in the same category. These are product codes that are in an individual cell within a table. The list is long. I
... See more
Hello,

I am working for the first time in MemoQ on tight deadline project and I would like to know if there's a way to autotranslate and confirm segments containing only numbers. I mean, in such cases the only thing needed is to tell MemoQ to copy source to target and confirm. Sometimes there's a code followed by an asterisk, e.g. 8947489*, so this should also be included in the same category. These are product codes that are in an individual cell within a table. The list is long. I have grown tired of doing this manually.

Thanks!
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:33
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sort alphabetically? Oct 13, 2013

I think I would try to solve this by sorting alfabetically, copying the source to target and the confirming the segments only containing numbers. You can sort alphabetically with an option in the Sort drop-down list. After you've dealt with the items you wanted out of the way, you can go back to "No sorting" and work normally.

Steven Segaert
Steven Segaert
Estonia
Local time: 06:33
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Auto-populate Oct 13, 2013

Did you check the help files?

http://kilgray.com/memoq/2013/help-en/index.html?populating_numbers.html

There is also an excellent Yahoo usergroup at http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/memoQ/info

Daniel Grigoras
Romania
Romanian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
There is no such option in MemoQ 6.2.20 Oct 13, 2013

The translation agency I'm working for asked me to use MemoQ 6.2.20. I tried using MemoQ 2013 but I couldn't connect to the translation agency's server.

There is no such option as "Populate Number-Only Segments...." in MemoQ 6.2.20

Steven Segaert
Steven Segaert
Estonia
Local time: 06:33
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Couldn't know that Oct 13, 2013

In earlier versions. please use the method suggested by Tomás.

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:33
English to French
My method too Oct 14, 2013

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:
I think I would try to solve this by sorting alfabetically, copying the source to target and the confirming the segments only containing numbers. You can sort alphabetically with an option in the Sort drop-down list. After you've dealt with the items you wanted out of the way, you can go back to "No sorting" and work normally.

Or you can sort by source segment size if there is only one number per segment.
I select the sequence(s) of segments containing numbers only, Ctrl+Shift+S to copy the source, then Shift+Enter to confirm the whole sequence.
Actually I found out about this watching a Kilgray video some years ago.

If v2013 can do that in one go, all the better.

Philippe

Daniel Grigoras
Romania
Romanian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your help Oct 14, 2013

I did some sorting and it helped a lot.

Best regards,
Daniel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Autotranslate and confirm segments containing only numbers

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »