Unable to open document or project. General error.
Thread poster: Letra
Letra
Letra  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 16:07
English to Polish
+ ...
Sep 10, 2015

Hello! I have been using memoQ 6.2 for a few years. Recently I had to reinstall my operating system and install memoQ again. I activated it but I cannot open any local project I have. I set the paths correctly but when I try to open any project, I get this message:

TYPE:
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

SOURCE:
... See more
Hello! I have been using memoQ 6.2 for a few years. Recently I had to reinstall my operating system and install memoQ again. I activated it but I cannot open any local project I have. I set the paths correctly but when I try to open any project, I get this message:

TYPE:
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

SOURCE:
mscorlib

I uninstalled and installed memoQ again but it did not help. Maybe someone had the same problem and knows the solution. Thanks in advance for any help!
Collapse

VIP9N
VIP9N
Local time: 17:07
Russian to English
+ ...
Shortcoming Sep 10, 2015

Hi Letra,

A year or a couple of years ago, I discussed in this forum that shortcoming of MemoQ: real pain to transfer projects between the systems. Since that time I found no solution. While DéjàVu remains simple as a penny regarding transfer of any of its projects, tmx or termbases, in Memo I can reuse only TMX and Terms (can be plugged and used again), and the projects always fail. Well, I got used to it and don't touch them. The cream of the job are my TMX and Termbases, t
... See more
Hi Letra,

A year or a couple of years ago, I discussed in this forum that shortcoming of MemoQ: real pain to transfer projects between the systems. Since that time I found no solution. While DéjàVu remains simple as a penny regarding transfer of any of its projects, tmx or termbases, in Memo I can reuse only TMX and Terms (can be plugged and used again), and the projects always fail. Well, I got used to it and don't touch them. The cream of the job are my TMX and Termbases, the projects, some time later, being deleted.

If someone solved the problem, I would appreciate this know how.

Good luck and I hope none of your job is lost.
Collapse

Sidney_1
Sidney_1  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 22:07
English to Chinese
same problem here Oct 7, 2015

The same SocketException issue appeared just today.
So far I've tried reinstall (both 2014 & 2015), rebooting router, repairing .NET Framework.
None of them works.

Letra
Letra  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 16:07
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update Oct 7, 2015

I found the reason of this problem in my situation. I have a lincensed memoQ 6.2. When I installed it, I could open both projects and TMs from any location, including my old projects. I also have a customer who provides me with a mobile license when they have a job for me. Then I have to install the latest version, i.e. memoQ 2015 and work online on their server. After that I am no longer able to open any of my projects in memoQ 6.2. And I cannot do that in 2015 version because I have no license... See more
I found the reason of this problem in my situation. I have a lincensed memoQ 6.2. When I installed it, I could open both projects and TMs from any location, including my old projects. I also have a customer who provides me with a mobile license when they have a job for me. Then I have to install the latest version, i.e. memoQ 2015 and work online on their server. After that I am no longer able to open any of my projects in memoQ 6.2. And I cannot do that in 2015 version because I have no license for it. Basically, the only solution that works in my case is to uninstall both versions, remove all folders where config files are located, then install the older version again, configure it and that's it. But remember to save your projects and TMs in a safe location just in case.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »