MemoQ: Local resources missing from offline handoff packages
Thread poster: MemoQ_usr
MemoQ_usr
MemoQ_usr
Hungary
Oct 5, 2015

I'm currently using MemoQ 2014, however, this problem was also present in a previous version.

I've created an offline project, and want to outsource some parts of the translation work, and I do this by creating offline handoff packages, and I set it to include local resources.

The problem is the following.
When I create a handoff package for a specific user the first time, the TM and TB is included in the package.
However, when I create a new handoff
... See more
I'm currently using MemoQ 2014, however, this problem was also present in a previous version.

I've created an offline project, and want to outsource some parts of the translation work, and I do this by creating offline handoff packages, and I set it to include local resources.

The problem is the following.
When I create a handoff package for a specific user the first time, the TM and TB is included in the package.
However, when I create a new handoff package for the SAME user, the current TM and the TB is NOT included!

This is a real issue, as changes have been made in both resources.

There are two possible workarounds I found:
-Export the TM and TB manually
-Create a new user every time I make a new handoff package

Am I doing something wrong? Maybe I have to change the settings of the resources?

[Edited at 2015-10-05 10:37 GMT]
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 00:20
English to Russian
Clear handoff history Oct 5, 2015

If you want to create a new package to send to the same translator before any response from him/her, use the above referenced command on Handoff/delivry tab.

After you get a return package from translator and change your TM, it is added automatically (at least it works for me).

[Edited at 2015-10-05 18:03 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ: Local resources missing from offline handoff packages

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »