Thread poster: impressioniste
impressioniste
impressioniste
United States
Local time: 00:24
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 19, 2016

CONTEXT: I have an .xml file with various fields, and in every field there's some text I need to translate that containg HTML tags.
Example:
IMPORT FILTER: Cascading XML > HTML

< content data-content-id='13784' >
< property data-name='Title' data-localizable='true >Title1
< property data-name='Description' data-localizable='true' >Translate < b >this text.< br >< br >Now! /< a href="https://www.google.com" >Please< /a >.< /div >]]>< /property >
<
... See more
CONTEXT: I have an .xml file with various fields, and in every field there's some text I need to translate that containg HTML tags.
Example:
IMPORT FILTER: Cascading XML > HTML

< content data-content-id='13784' >
< property data-name='Title' data-localizable='true >Title1
< property data-name='Description' data-localizable='true' >Translate < b >this text.< br >< br >Now! /< a href="https://www.google.com" >Please< /a >.< /div >]]>< /property >
< property data-name='Option1' data-localizable='true' >Option1/< /property >
< /content >

PROBLEM: I can't review my translation in the Preview pane because memoQ ignores the HTML formatting and shows all the XML markup.

GOAL: I want to see a preview of the translated text in memoQ that uses the HTML tags for formatting, just like it will look like when the XML is published.

Does anyone know how I could achieve this?
I've tried using assigning an XSLT file at import, as suggested in the following link, but to no avail: https://kb.kilgray.com/article/AA-00440/0/XSLT-transformation-file-for-XML-preview-rejected-by-memoQ-with-unsupported-format-error.html

Thanks for any help you might have!

[Edited at 2016-02-19 05:27 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-02-19 05:29 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-02-19 05:30 GMT]
Collapse

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 04:24
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Same here Feb 19, 2016

I just had the exact same problem. I ended up giving up MemoQ and translating manually in Word.
I already received three complaints from the client for bad formatting.
If there is a solution for this, I will be very happy too.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to preview XML containing HTML in memoQ

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »