Inline tag for Segmentation
Thread poster: Adrian Paul Ile
Adrian Paul Ile
Adrian Paul Ile
Hungary
Local time: 23:24
Mar 1, 2016

Hello,

My question is: Can I use inline tags in the segmentation rules as a delimiter. Like for example the line break tag. After each tag like this I would like to split the segment. Maybe the segmenter doesn't sees inline tags, but I couldn't find any information regarding this.

I use MemoQ 2014 R2

Thank you,
Adrian Paul

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 00:24
English to Russian
Isn't it by default? Mar 3, 2016

I have this option by default (even forgot how inline tags look like).

If not, then try Document import settings.
'Import with options' -> select 'MS Word 2007+' -> 'Change filter and configuration' -> General tab -> Special characters section -> Soft break -> choose what fits best for you.
*The same applies to Tabs. If you still see (but do not want to see) tab tags in your Editor, then select 'Start new segment' for Tab.
** You can save this configuration to avo
... See more
I have this option by default (even forgot how inline tags look like).

If not, then try Document import settings.
'Import with options' -> select 'MS Word 2007+' -> 'Change filter and configuration' -> General tab -> Special characters section -> Soft break -> choose what fits best for you.
*The same applies to Tabs. If you still see (but do not want to see) tab tags in your Editor, then select 'Start new segment' for Tab.
** You can save this configuration to avoid defining it each time. Next time you 'Import with options', just select the as-saved configuration from 'Configuration' drop-down list (instead of 'default [read-only]')

http://kilgray.com/memoq/2015/help-en/index.html?microsoft_office_word_2007_doc.html

[Edited at 2016-03-03 08:10 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Inline tag for Segmentation

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »