Space at start of segment
Thread poster: Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:32
Dutch to English
Apr 7, 2016

After I've updated from an imported reviewed Word doc, MemoQ (2015) inserts spaces at the beginning of some source segments I've made changes to. Anyone have a method for getting rid of spaces at the beginning of segments (not necessarily sentences or paragraphs)?

Thanks,

Olly

Oliver Pekelharing
Netherlands
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Bump Apr 12, 2016

No suggestions? That was meant to be target segments, by the way; MemoQ inserts spaces at the start of some target segments.

ulrika månsson (X)
ulrika månsson (X)
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
sort target in alphabetical order? Apr 12, 2016

Hi,
I don't know if there is an easy way to to search for them in memoQ, but you could try sorting the target in alphabetical order, that would at least make them easier to find.
You could also export the file as an xliff and there search and replace with an regex.
Did you btw find out why the spaces was added?
kind regards,
Ulrika

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:32
English to Russian
No experience Apr 12, 2016

Not "No suggestions", but "No reports"?
Are you sure you do not use MT or MyMemory or any other useless but still promoted features?

Oliver Pekelharing
Netherlands
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Sort target Apr 13, 2016

Thanks Ulrika, that sort target idea might work. I have no idea why the spaces are added, but I think it only happens if I merge or split sentences in the Word doc before I reimport into MemoQ.

Edit: That trick of sorting alphabetically is ideal for detecting the relevant segments, so thanks for that Ulrika.

[Edited at 2016-04-13 13:47 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Space at start of segment

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »