Crossed-out target segment
Thread poster: Al Zaid
Al Zaid
Al Zaid
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 29, 2022

Hello, I'm working on MemoQ v.9.3 on a local project created by me and the first segment appears crossed out in red in the target part. It is like disabled. I can't work on it or insert any text. The target part has red borders and red diagonal lines crossing it.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:08
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It is just an aesthetic issue Mar 29, 2022

Yes, I have seen this happening and it is simply an aesthetic problem when memoQ tries to load graphical items (icons, text types...) for the user interface, probably because of a memory issue. If you have enough memory and have no issues with other software, try simply resetting your computer.

I would nevertheless recommend to upgrade to the latest version (currently 9.10).

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 14:08
Danish to English
+ ...
memoQ bug Mar 29, 2022

It's a known memoQ bug. It messes up some of its configuration files in certain scenarios. It happens sometimes if you resize the memoQ windows. You can often get rid of the red cross by restarting memoQ.

Roland Combes
Roland Combes  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:08
Spanish to English
+ ...
A possible fix Feb 2, 2023

If you are still running into this issue, I found the following steps that finally stopped the crossed-out segments from appearing:

1. Open the document for translation in MemoQ.
2. Click the View tab.
3. Select Current Layout in the ribbon.
4. Select Reset Current.

That's it. Close the document and try reopening it for translation. The crossed-out segments should no longer appear. At least for me, this solved the problem. It appears that a layout can
... See more
If you are still running into this issue, I found the following steps that finally stopped the crossed-out segments from appearing:

1. Open the document for translation in MemoQ.
2. Click the View tab.
3. Select Current Layout in the ribbon.
4. Select Reset Current.

That's it. Close the document and try reopening it for translation. The crossed-out segments should no longer appear. At least for me, this solved the problem. It appears that a layout can get messed up and needs to be restored to defaults before it will work properly.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Crossed-out target segment

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »