Elina Sellgren  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:00
Member (2013)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Feb 15, 2023

Hello all!

I used to have my MemoQ set up so that the Translation Results pane on the right hand side was completely hidden. In a recent project, I was required to use it so I reset the view to make it appear. But the problem is, I no longer need it and I am unable to hide it completely. If I use the mouse cursor to shrink it, I will still see a narrow sliver of it and it's constantly stealing my focus.

Anyone know how to hide it? TIA!

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
It can be done Feb 15, 2023

It's a bit tricky to describe without showing, but here it goes:

Grab the View Pane and place it on top of Translation Results. Then grab this pane, which now contains two tabs, and place it on top of the Translation Grid. Now, the main area of memoQ extends from left to right of the window and has three tabs at the bottom.

If you don't need to see any translation results, please also make sure to disable automatic lookup.

[Edited at 2023-02-15 12:00 GMT]

Elina Sellgren
Elina Sellgren  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2013)
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Feb 15, 2023

It didn't work quite the way you describe but I did manage to move both panes to the top, with some text still partially visible, but after closing the file and reopening, it was gone! Thank you, I didn't realise you can move them around and I'm still not sure what I did exactly, because I couldn't move the Results pane directly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hide the Translation Results pane?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »