Thread poster: Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:34
English to Spanish
Mar 15, 2023

How do you mass confirm all the segments that have been modified by
a "Search and Replace" operation ? while at the same time not affecting the status of the segments not involved in that operation

[Edited at 2023-03-15 06:38 GMT]

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Use the filter (funnel) Mar 15, 2023

You can easily filter the edited segments with the funnel (in the Advanced filters, Status tab, mark only the Edited checkbox and click OK). This gives you a list of the segments that got edited. You can now select them all (default shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+A) and confirm them in one go.

The filter is awfully useful, and you can do it in several rounds, e.g. filter all edited segments, then use the source and target filter boxes to filter those who contain
... See more
You can easily filter the edited segments with the funnel (in the Advanced filters, Status tab, mark only the Edited checkbox and click OK). This gives you a list of the segments that got edited. You can now select them all (default shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+A) and confirm them in one go.

The filter is awfully useful, and you can do it in several rounds, e.g. filter all edited segments, then use the source and target filter boxes to filter those who contain a certain word or phrase, then filter again to narrow it down even more...

I hope this helps!
Collapse

TCN6YR

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Filter? Mar 15, 2023

Angel Llacuna wrote:
How do you mass confirm all the segments that have been modified by a "Search and Replace" operation while at the same time not affecting the status of the segments not involved in that operation?

I'm not a regular user of MemoQ, but can't you filter the segments so that only the segments involved in the find/replace operation are shown, and then use Shift+Ctrl+A to select all visible segments to confirm only those segments? (This would only work if you made replacements on all those filtered segments, and/or if the filtered segments do not contain unconfirmed segments that weren't changed.)

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Tomás Mar 15, 2023

Tomás, can you also easily filter segments by modification date/time?

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT wrote:
The filter is awfully useful, and you can do it in several rounds, e.g. filter all edited segments, then use the source and target filter boxes to filter those who contain a certain word or phrase, then filter again to narrow it down even more...

This can be a curse and a blessing -- the fact that MemoQ applies the next filter to the previously filtered text (i.e. it does search within search) is very useful in this case. But it can be annoying because you have to remember to reset the filter each time you want to filter other text (when I first started using MemoQ, I could not figure out why MemoQ can't find text that is clearly there... but that was because a previous filter was still active).

[Edited at 2023-03-15 06:59 GMT]

Grigori Gazarian

Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
right, thank you Mar 15, 2023

it works

Grigori Gazarian
Grigori Gazarian  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 04:34
Member (2021)
Spanish to Russian
+ ...
It's configurable Mar 15, 2023

There's a checkbox accessible by pressing the cogwheel icon next to the funnel ("[ ] Clear previous filter results"), although there's no visual indication for the user to know the state of the checkbox short of directly checking it.

Samuel Murray wrote:
This can be a curse and a blessing -- the fact that MemoQ applies the next filter to the previously filtered text (i.e. it does search within search) is very useful in this case. But it can be annoying because you have to remember to reset the filter each time you want to filter other text (when I first started using MemoQ, I could not figure out why MemoQ can't find text that is clearly there... but that was because a previous filter was still active).

[Edited at 2023-03-15 06:59 GMT]

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Dutch to English
+ ...
Create a view Mar 16, 2023

You can also create a view with your find or replace words or both.

Nadia Silva Castro
Nadia Silva Castro
United States
English to German
+ ...
Sort by newest first Mar 17, 2023

You can use the "Sort" option "Last changed (newest first)" in memoQ if this mass replacement was the last thing you changed (then select the relevant segments holding down shift and confirm)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

mass confirmation of segments in memoQ

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »