Huw Watkins
Huw Watkins  Identity Verified
英国
Local time: 15:25
2005に入会
イタリア語 から 英語
+ ...
Dec 17, 2005

I have recently been experiencing a problem with Trados, it has basically disappeared from word! The icons are no longer there. I have tried reinstalling Trados several times, even with different copies of the software and have re-installed office. Has this problem happened to anyone? Does anyone know how to resolve it?

Thanks,
Huw

Andrea Bullrich
Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:25
英語 から スペイン語
some help Dec 17, 2005

Hi,
It has happened to me. Advice from TW_users (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/): in Word, you need to go to Tools, Templates and Add-ins, then click on Add and browse till you get to Trados, then T7_FL > TT > Templates, then click on OK after highlighting Trados 7.dot.
Sorry for the very basic answer... I don't have any technical insights to offer, but this works...
See more
Hi,
It has happened to me. Advice from TW_users (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/): in Word, you need to go to Tools, Templates and Add-ins, then click on Add and browse till you get to Trados, then T7_FL > TT > Templates, then click on OK after highlighting Trados 7.dot.
Sorry for the very basic answer... I don't have any technical insights to offer, but this works
Good luck,
Andrea
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
ドイツ
Local time: 16:25
2003に入会
ポーランド語 から ドイツ語
+ ...
There is not much to add here, Dec 17, 2005

but I´m moving this to the special Trados dedicated forum.

Best
Jerzy

Huw Watkins
英国
2005に入会
イタリア語 から 英語
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 17, 2005

THANKS IT WORKED A TREAT.

Dusica Cook
Dusica Cook
ボスニア・ヘルツェゴビナ
Local time: 16:25
英語 から ボスニア語
+ ...
thanks Dec 30, 2005

i have been fighting with trados for several days now! i started to think i was too stupid to use it! ok, now i have it in my word, but i have no clue how to proceed! anyhow, thanks for helping on this one!

Huw Watkins
英国
2005に入会
イタリア語 から 英語
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tutorials Dec 30, 2005

Dusica Cook wrote:

i have been fighting with trados for several days now! i started to think i was too stupid to use it! ok, now i have it in my word, but i have no clue how to proceed! anyhow, thanks for helping on this one!

Hi Dusica,

The tutorials are really very good, they get you using Trados in less than half a day, but don't expect to master all of its functions in that sort of timescale. If you don't have the tutorials let me know, and I'll send them on to you or post a link for you.

Huw

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados not appearing in word

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »