Stephen Rifkind
Stephen Rifkind  Identity Verified
イスラエル
Local time: 21:01
2004に入会
フランス語 から 英語
+ ...
Jan 7, 2006

I am in the middle of a rush, Hebrew to English translation of word document in columns. Twice the translation has gotten stuck and says "no translation unit open", when the translation unit is open. Restarting the document is no help. What can I do? The client wants it in the same form. So, improvised formatting is not a solution.

Martin Wenzel
Martin Wenzel
ドイツ
Local time: 20:01
英語 から ドイツ語
+ ...
Try this Jan 7, 2006

Stephen Rifkind wrote:

I am in the middle of a rush, Hebrew to English translation of word document in columns. Twice the translation has gotten stuck and says "no translation unit open", when the translation unit is open. Restarting the document is no help. What can I do? The client wants it in the same form. So, improvised formatting is not a solution.

Sometimes a tag is missing. Mark the open translation unit and cut it out. Fix the document [this is one of the Trados commands]. Retype the cut out sentence and open it normally, this should do the trick!

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
ドイツ
Local time: 20:01
2004に入会
英語 から スロヴェニア語
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Temporarily eliminate columns... Jan 7, 2006

translate, clean, and then convert the target back to a table.

I experienced similar problem with tables.

smo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent - Trados 7.1 Hebrew to English problem

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »