Thread poster: Mikhail Popov
Mikhail Popov
Mikhail Popov
Montenegro
Local time: 21:27
English to Russian
+ ...
Feb 17, 2010

When I'm trying to change "Copy source to target" shortcut with my own combo, both shortcuts - default and custom - are not working. Only screen buttons are working. And I have to delete custom scheme, reload MemoQ - only after that I can use default shortcut again. Similar with other combinations.

Never appeared in memoQ 3.6.

[Редактировалось 2010-02-17 13:01 GMT]

Gergely Vandor
Gergely Vandor
Hungary
English to Hungarian
what is the shortcut you are trying to use? Feb 24, 2010

Dear Michael,

If you let us know what shortcut you were trying to use, maybe we can pinpoint the problem.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Gergely

Mikhail Popov
Mikhail Popov
Montenegro
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Alt+ Right / Left Feb 24, 2010

I'm trying to use Alt + Right for "Copy source to target" and Alt+Left for "Copy selection to target"
I had no problem with these combos on MemoQ 3.6, but in MemoQ 4.0 when I set this combinations - its not working. And if I switch it back to default settings without reloading MemoQ, default shortcuts Ctrl+Shift+T or Ctrl+Shift+S are not working either.

Gergely Vandor
Gergely Vandor
Hungary
English to Hungarian
confirmed Feb 24, 2010

Thanks Michael,

I can confirm all these problems. I've submitted them to the development team. I'll report back here when there is progress.

Best regards,
Gergely

Gergely Vandor
Gergely Vandor
Hungary
English to Hungarian
the fix Feb 25, 2010

Hello Michael,

All the Alt+arrow shortcuts should be usable from the next build. (Not the one we released yesterday.)

All the other shortcuts using Alt are always problematic in Windows: for now, I suggest that you stick with Ctrl/Shift shortcuts. Thanks again for your input.

Best regards,
Gergely

Gergely Vandor
Gergely Vandor
Hungary
English to Hungarian
4.0.20 should do it Mar 5, 2010

Hello Michael,

The 4.0.20 build released yesterday should fix all of the known keyboard shortcut problems.

Best regards,
Gergely

Mikhail Popov
Mikhail Popov
Montenegro
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, it works Mar 8, 2010

Many thanks, Gergely. New build works much better, both custom shortcuts and spellchecker works now.
Kilgray developers are doing the great job so far. MemoQ has the best support, IMHO.

Stephen Kramer
Stephen Kramer
Brazil
Local time: 15:27
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Custom keyboard shortcuts in memoQ Jan 8, 2015

Am I the only one wanting to use the simple unmodified "Enter" key as a shortcut in memoQ?
They say it is not supported, but actually all that is not supported is defining it thus when editing the keyboard shortcuts list from within memoQ.
I discovered that it is possible to use a text editor to edit the mqres file that contains the shortcuts info to change the >shift< modifier to >none< and after restarting memoQ it then recognizes ENTER as a shortcut.
I use it for the “Conf
... See more
Am I the only one wanting to use the simple unmodified "Enter" key as a shortcut in memoQ?
They say it is not supported, but actually all that is not supported is defining it thus when editing the keyboard shortcuts list from within memoQ.
I discovered that it is possible to use a text editor to edit the mqres file that contains the shortcuts info to change the >shift< modifier to >none< and after restarting memoQ it then recognizes ENTER as a shortcut.
I use it for the “Confirm without update” function to not have to hit shift every time I confirm a translated segment. Works great.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ 4.0 - custom keyboard shortcuts

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »