Thread poster: Jessica Noyes
Jessica Noyes
Jessica Noyes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:51
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 12, 2022

Hi, I have a 25,000 word document (in Word) due Friday, and I was making good headway on it. My routine is to save a new Preview every few hours so I can see what the end is result is going to look like. (I rename the old previews and save the most recent one as Preview.)

Anyway, last night I hit Preview and nothing happened. I looked in all the likely places, and no Preview. The last preview had been saved 6 hours ago.

Then I tried to export it (as is in Word) but I
... See more
Hi, I have a 25,000 word document (in Word) due Friday, and I was making good headway on it. My routine is to save a new Preview every few hours so I can see what the end is result is going to look like. (I rename the old previews and save the most recent one as Preview.)

Anyway, last night I hit Preview and nothing happened. I looked in all the likely places, and no Preview. The last preview had been saved 6 hours ago.

Then I tried to export it (as is in Word) but I couldn't get the export to save; the "save as" bar for exporting is greyed out.

Otherwise the program is working fine. However, I hesitate of course to continue adding to the translation if I'm not going to be able to export it when it's complete.

This is turning into an emergency, and I haven't heard back from the Help Team, whom I contacted last night. So if there are any community members out there who can give me a hand, I'd appreciate it.
Collapse

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:51
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Ticket Sep 12, 2022

Please check the response to your ticket at CafeTran's Freshdesk forums where you submitted it.

Jessica Noyes
Jessica Noyes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:51
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sep 12, 2022

Dear Igor,
I appreciate the in-depth response at the site. I had somehow thought I'd receive an email. I will try your suggestions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot export or preview document

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »