Thread poster: Bertha S. Deffenbaugh
Bertha S. Deffenbaugh
Bertha S. Deffenbaugh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 19, 2002

A while ago, I was contacted by a direct client via proz. They wanted me to do a short translation for tomorrow. We agreed price and deadline and they told me to go ahead and to start working on the translation ASAP.

But alas! I then asked them to fax me a PO with name , address, phone number and signature.

At first they said they would fax it immediately, but two seconds later I received an e-mail telling me to HOLD ON! and not to start until they re-co
... See more
A while ago, I was contacted by a direct client via proz. They wanted me to do a short translation for tomorrow. We agreed price and deadline and they told me to go ahead and to start working on the translation ASAP.

But alas! I then asked them to fax me a PO with name , address, phone number and signature.

At first they said they would fax it immediately, but two seconds later I received an e-mail telling me to HOLD ON! and not to start until they re-confirmed.

There was no re-confirmation, but another e-mail apologizing for taking my time and saying that they did not need the translation.

Does this tell you something?
Collapse

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Local time: 04:57
German to English
+ ...
Yes, it does Mar 20, 2002

And it speaks a loud and clear language. Is there any chance you could tell us the name of that client? Privately, of course .

Bertha S. Deffenbaugh
Bertha S. Deffenbaugh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I never got to know the client's name Mar 20, 2002

... only the first time. The client used it to sign the e-mails.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Watch it!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »