Страниц в теме:   < [1 2]
I want to transfer money from my PayPal account into my bank account in Japan, but..
Автор темы: Minoru Kuwahara
Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Швеция
Local time: 04:23
английский => шведский
+ ...
Each PP account has a base currency May 28, 2007

Minoru Kuwahara wrote:

While I'm not quite following your last advice about opening a second PP account issued in Yen. It's because your single PP account is basically multi-currency and you can make that "intra-transfer" within that account without opening up a second one. In any case, my purpose is to withdraw in the original currency (USD or Euro), no matter what accounts are used for transfer. And the point of issue is that PayPal does not allow us to withdraw money in USD or Euro when we want to transfer into our Japanese bank accounts.

Hi Minoru and all,

AFAIK each PP accunt has a "base currency" that your transactions are registered in. They can't be multi-currency natively, since that would lead to chaos when one currency goes up while others go down. They only display the equivalent of your base currency in different other currencies.

That base currency might be USD if you live and have a PP account in the US, GBP for UK, and probably Yen for Japan right?!

But take Sweden as an example. When I first registered to PP, they only issued USD account, because they weren't established overseas. Later, they got established in the UK, and suddenly my account was shifted ito GBP.
After that, they opened in Luxembourg, and my account was again shifted, now the base currency is EUR.

Since PP still doesn't issue accounts in Swedish Kronor, I've been having different base currencies from time to time!

I guess all this history doesn't help you, now that all Japanese accounts are in Yen, you're stuck with that.

Maybe you have a friend/companion with a US PP account that can do the transfer for you?!

/Jan

Minoru Kuwahara
Minoru Kuwahara
Япония
Local time: 11:23
английский => японский
+ ...
Автор темы
Currently there is no localized PayPal site in Japan. May 30, 2007

Jan Sundström wrote:

AFAIK each PP accunt has a "base currency" that your transactions are registered in. They can't be multi-currency natively, since that would lead to chaos when one currency goes up while others go down. They only display the equivalent of your base currency in different other currencies.

That base currency might be USD if you live and have a PP account in the US, GBP for UK, and probably Yen for Japan right?!

/Jan

Jan, I'm beginning to see what you mean, maybe you were referring to the localized websites in selected countries. And I notice there is no localized Japanese website. If it exists, we may be able to easily shift funds between multiple PayPal accounts in those different countries in whatever currency you may want to waithdraw.

Страниц в теме:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I want to transfer money from my PayPal account into my bank account in Japan, but..

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »