Rates for English>Spanish in every country
Thread poster: Lorenzo Elizalde
Lorenzo Elizalde
Lorenzo Elizalde  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:37
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 31, 2003

Hello everyone, I\'m writing from Spain and I\'d like to know the rates for this language combination (English>Spanish) in other countries. Perhaps some other related combinations such as English>French or English>Italian could also be of interest. Both rates for agencies and direct clients are welcome. I\'m interested in the rates we actually charge, not the ones we should. I know this is a hot issue and I\'d like to know what\'s the situation like before I make any offer to a foreign client. I... See more
Hello everyone, I\'m writing from Spain and I\'d like to know the rates for this language combination (English>Spanish) in other countries. Perhaps some other related combinations such as English>French or English>Italian could also be of interest. Both rates for agencies and direct clients are welcome. I\'m interested in the rates we actually charge, not the ones we should. I know this is a hot issue and I\'d like to know what\'s the situation like before I make any offer to a foreign client. I\'ve posted this same topic in the Spanish forum. Thanks everyone for your time. Regards,Collapse

Belen San Antonio
Belen San Antonio  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:37
English to Spanish
+ ...
What I get paid in the UK Mar 17, 2003

Hi there,

Payment for the combination English>Spanish is indeed a hot issue, as there are quite a lot of translators with this combination around. I live in the UK (Cambridge) and work mainly for an agency that only provides translation services for the public sector. They pay £70/1000 words, but this is unheard of. The other private sector agencies for which I work occasionally are reluctant to pay more than £50/hour. I hope this helps.
[addsig]

Dyran Altenburg (X)
Dyran Altenburg (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:37
English to Spanish
+ ...
What clients pay me Mar 17, 2003

Translation: 12 cents per word minimum (depends on the quality of the original and subject specialization)

Revision: 4 cents per word or $40 an hour minimum

DTP: $50 an hour minimum (about 1 page per hour)

Your mileage may vary.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rates for English>Spanish in every country

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »