Withdrawal from Wallet
Thread poster: Busylizzie
Busylizzie
Busylizzie
French to English
Feb 6, 2003

Hi!

Ralf, I SWEAR that I have looked everywhere -- FAQs and using search -- and I have not found an answer to this question: how do I actually transfer money out of my Wallet? I don\'t have anything in it, so I can\'t get to the page in my profile that discusses methods. Can I have money transferred to a credit card account? Can money be deposited to a bank account? Does ProZ send me a cheque upon request? Etc. I am also unclear about how money is converted: normally, I get
... See more
Hi!

Ralf, I SWEAR that I have looked everywhere -- FAQs and using search -- and I have not found an answer to this question: how do I actually transfer money out of my Wallet? I don\'t have anything in it, so I can\'t get to the page in my profile that discusses methods. Can I have money transferred to a credit card account? Can money be deposited to a bank account? Does ProZ send me a cheque upon request? Etc. I am also unclear about how money is converted: normally, I get paid in euros and it is converted to CDN$ after I receive it. How does ProZ deal with that issue?

I\'d really appreciate it if you could give me as much of this sort of info as possible (or direct me to where I can find it).

Thanks in advance, E
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:56
English to German
+ ...
Three ways to withdraw Feb 7, 2003

Hi \"Busylizzie\",

There are three ways to withdraw money from your ProZ.com wallet: cheque, wire transfer or Paypal.

There are a few things you should bear in mind:

• The ProZ.com wallet is not a fully-fledged banking service, but a convenience for Platinum members to receive payments. Consequently, do not expect ProZ.com to work like a bank: withdrawing money from your wallet may be subject to delays (remember that th... See more
Hi \"Busylizzie\",

There are three ways to withdraw money from your ProZ.com wallet: cheque, wire transfer or Paypal.

There are a few things you should bear in mind:

• The ProZ.com wallet is not a fully-fledged banking service, but a convenience for Platinum members to receive payments. Consequently, do not expect ProZ.com to work like a bank: withdrawing money from your wallet may be subject to delays (remember that the first priority of ProZ.com staff is running the site...).

• Check the fees charged (see the FAQs for that).

• The ProZ.com wallet works in USD only. If you get paid in EUR, but need the cash in CAD, that means any amout is converted twice: first from EUR to USD, second (upon withdrawal) from USD to CAD. There is a cost associated with exchanging currencies (that\'s a bank\'s job, for which it needs to charge a percentage commission, or a bid/offer spread). Personally, I would not use the ProZ.com wallet in this situation - the alternatives are a euro account with your bank, or even a euro account with a European online bank.

I\'m afraid I cannot comment on Paypal as an alternative, since I don\'t use the service.

HTH - if you need more info, I suggest you submit a Support Request to the ProZ.com team.

Best regards, Ralf
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Withdrawal from Wallet

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »