Thread poster: kenshin
kenshin
kenshin
Local time: 20:13
English to Japanese
+ ...
Feb 12, 2003

Hi everyone,

I was wondering. With all the problems that paypal has been causing recently, are there any other safe ways of accepting (and sending) money? I use paypal quite a bit and I\'m starting to get upset with their high service charges.

Any sugestions? Thanks!

scribolo (X)
scribolo (X)
Local time: 13:13
English to German
+ ...
Just discovered Feb 15, 2003

http://www.moneybookers.com

Have no idea how it works and who\'s behind...

Take care, Sandra
[addsig]

LJC (X)
LJC (X)
France
French to English
+ ...
Thanks for the Moneybookers link Feb 15, 2003

I\'ve just followed the link and the whole system looks extremely interesting. I think I\'ll join and give it a try.

Thanks,

Lesley

alszeg
alszeg  Identity Verified
Bosnian to English
+ ...
Our experience with Moneybookers.com Feb 15, 2003

Hello everybody,

Some words about our experience with Moneybookers.com.

Since October 2002 we have been using their services for transferring smaller amounts of money (from EUR 10.00 to EUR 200.00) from Germany to some Eastern European and Baltic countries such as Croatia, Estonia, Macedonia, Poland and Yugoslavia. During this time we have not had any problems with them. In comparison with regular bank transfer, the fees are very low and the money is within seconds
... See more
Hello everybody,

Some words about our experience with Moneybookers.com.

Since October 2002 we have been using their services for transferring smaller amounts of money (from EUR 10.00 to EUR 200.00) from Germany to some Eastern European and Baltic countries such as Croatia, Estonia, Macedonia, Poland and Yugoslavia. During this time we have not had any problems with them. In comparison with regular bank transfer, the fees are very low and the money is within seconds on the Moneybookers account of the recipient and can be then withdrawn for a reasonable fee up to EUR 1.50 or even free of charge (this varies from country to country) to her/his bank account. Only if you receive or send money for the first time via Moneybookers.com, you should be a bit patient, since the verification procedure of your bank account etc. could last 3-4 days. After you have registered and your bank account is verified no problems should arise.

Hope this information helps you. Nevertheless take care, since “Vorsicht ist die Mutter der Porzellankiste“ („better safe than sorry“ according to Collins dictionary).

Greetings from Berlin, have all a nice weekend!

Alexander and Dagnija

Collapse

LJC (X)
LJC (X)
France
French to English
+ ...
Sounds good Feb 17, 2003

Alexander and Dagnija, thanks for your helpful comments about Moneybookers. It\'s good to hear from someone who has experience of using them and it sounds good to me.

kenshin
kenshin
Local time: 20:13
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank You Feb 17, 2003

Hello,

Thanks for your replies. I\'ll try the new site out. I think paypal just increased their service charge by a little. I totally think they\'re a rip off. Probably because they have a monopoly over the whole interenet money transfer thing. Anyhow, thanks again!

Michael

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alternative to Paypal

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »